Sleeping in the day

lucylou

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am having a nightmare during the day, charlie just never wants to sleep! He feeds from me nearly every hour which just seems like a lot, is this ok???? i'm worried that he's just doing it for the sake of comfort.

He'll fall asleep while feeding as well and will be really content in my arms but as soon as you put him down he'll wake up and within 15-20 mins will start crying as he's over tired. I've tried leaving him to cry and going back to him to reassure him i'm still around, i've tried soothing him, singing and stroking him to try and help him sleep but no, he'll start crying so much and you can see he's working himself up and i can't leave him like that!

Any advice??? I really am finding it frustrating as i can't do anything i'm only able to come on here as he's feeding and i'm typing with one hand!

Have you tried bringing the pushchair indoors and pushing him up and down in that to get him to sleep? I used to do that with mine, then they tended to be happy to sleep in there as you don't need to move them - then jump in your bed!!!

Hi,

slings are great! I got mine from this lady on ebay who has 12 kids and makes them herself, here is the link to her shop:-

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQf ... heQ5fdozen

I got the padded one that can be used up to toddler, he didn't like the cradle type hold but likes being up on my shoulder. I can get him so that he's exactly where he would be if I was holding him with my left arm on my shoulder but without me having to hold him there. Because it's to one side it's easy to do things with you hands. I regularly eat dinner with him there!

Here's me with him in the sling, you can pull up the top to support the head:-

sling2.jpg

Hope this helps
+++

I'm bottlle feeding but I can see that you could breastfeed fairly easily with it and you'd be nicely covered. The long tail could add as extra cover actually. It's cool as I'm putting it in my baby changing bag when I go out with the buggy as it's so light and portable. That way if I have to hold him for some reason or encounter stairs I can whip it out. I tend to use the sling for short trips and around the house and the buggy for when I have more shopping or I'm going further.

+++

I am having a nightmare during the day, charlie just never wants to sleep! He feeds from me nearly every hour which just seems like a lot, is this ok???? i'm worried that he's just doing it for the sake of comfort.

He'll fall asleep while feeding as well and will be really content in my arms but as soon as you put him down he'll wake up and within 15-20 mins will start crying as he's over tired. I've tried leaving him to cry and going back to him to reassure him i'm still around, i've tried soothing him, singing and stroking him to try and help him sleep but no, he'll start crying so much and you can see he's working himself up and i can't leave him like that!

I had this problem with Jack. It turned out that I wasnt producing enough milk for him and he was always hungry, hence, not settling.
I now top him up with formula or expressed breast milk (adviced by my H/V) and it is so much better. Usually 4 hours between feeds and Jack is much more contented!

Im going to check out that ebay link. I have a 3 way carrier, but they look great!!!

I've just been watching a breastfeeding video (what an exciting life I lead :roll: ) and the lady on there said that if they appear to be falling asleep you should sit them up and wind them a bit and if they haven't had enough they will open their eyes and look alert and ready for some more milk, so you feed them again until they've had enough.

Don't know if this works for you, but I thought that as I had just sat down and watched two hours of breastfeeding on the tv I would pass on my new bits of wisdom in the hope it might help.

Let me know how you get on because I will be diving into the mystery world of Breastfeeding very soon and am fascinated to see if the woman was right.

just tried that sarah, it saved me a crying fit, thanks!!

Arrggh I bought one of these slings, came this morning and I got into a right pickle trying to put it together (didn't realise you didn't have to pull the material the whole way through the rings, by the time I did I'd pulled it through loads of times and now am not sure what it's supposed to look like totally unmade).

Have got it right now but my rings don't look like yours Rosebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back