Combined test results

MariaIsabella

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

Had my scan last week Monday and blood test last Thursday to test for Down's syndrome. they said they would call if I was high risk ( 1/150 and below ). otherwise send a letter after 1-2 weeks. If high risk, does anyone know when I can expect a call? This is the 3rd working day since bloods.

Keep checking my phone and hoping to see no calls!!

Last edited:
I didnt get mine until the end of my pregnancy because they ballsed it up and I redid them thankfully everything was fine.

I think usually it is under a month anyway I was told to wait a month before asking then when I did they kept pamming me off (saying gp had them then gp says he didnt)

Id wait as advised and if nothing give them a ring. Just incase you slip through the net :p

xxxx

I had second trimester bloods done (quad test I think they called it) instead of combined test as I was too far along. I was told if they hadn't phoned in a week everything was fine. A week passed and I heard nothing so was in total shock when they phone after about a fortnight to say I needed a target scan as I had raised AFP level which could be an indicator of a neural tube defect. My scan was to be in less then 48hrs from that phone call. I can only conclude from that they had the results within the week but didn't phone me as they didn't want me to have too long to worry about it before getting a scan. Everything was fine in the end. I would chase it up after the length of time advised as its not information you should be left waiting an age for even if it is all clear.
Wishing you the best results xx

I think I was told if it was high risk is be contacted within a week, in the end I got a letter about 10 days later confirming low risk. Good luck x

I got my letter with both within a couple of days so woul I,aging if they had found something they would have rang me pretty quickly.

Thanks ladies! Got my results and low risk! So happy. Think it was around 1 in 5000 for DS and 1 in 20000 for the other 2 ( edwards syndrome and something else ). Can relax now x

Congratulations MariaIsabella.

In my last pregnancy, I got a devistatingly positive result for DS. I recieved this information about 2 weeks after the bloods were taken.

I'm currently waiting for the results with my current pregnancy. I'm going a bit nuts with anxiety, but trying to stay optimistic. Just 1 more week of waiting to go for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back