Screening Results :(

mishi

Reaction score
I've just had a call from the hospital, they had lost my bloods and they had to be repeated, results came back this morning and my risk for Down syndrome has come back as 1:4 :(
I've been booked to see the consultant for a CVS tomorrow morning and I'm terrified :(
Praying for a positive outcome.......

Last edited:
I've just had a call from the hospital, they had lost my bloods and they had to be repeated, results came back this morning and my risk for Down syndrome has come back as 1:4 :(
I've been booked to see the consultant for a CVS tomorrow morning and I'm terrified :(
Praying for a positive outcome.......

Hope all is well, fingers and toes and legs crossed for you, keep us posted xx

I'm so sorry, that sounds like quite a worrying result, certainly not what you were expecting, I'm sure.:hugs:

Good luck for your appointment tomorrow. If it were me, I'd take the time to do some research today so I could fire any questions at the medical professional that performs the CVS test. Knowledge is power.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Let us know how you get on. xx

((Hugs)) So sorry you've had such an experience at your hospital hun, what with the first consultant doing your scan and now your bloods!!!

My fingers are tightly crossed for you for tomorrow! Hope it goes well. Will be thinking of you xxx

Oh mishi really thinking of you, hope it's all ok xxx

Thanks ladies, I am alternating between sitting here blubbing and looking on Google - I should probably stay off Google though, it's not really helping!xx

My mum got high risk when she was pregnant with my little brother, but everything turned out ok hun, i know its hard not to worry and i wish you the best, i'll keep everything crossed for you xx

Sorry to hear this, i know you must be really worried right now, but try not to get too scared by the numbers. 1:4 also means there is a 75% chance everything will be fine...thats pretty good odds really! Fx everything turns out ok for you!

Oh dear :hug: fx everything is perfect and bubs is fine. Stay away from goggle.

Hi Mishi,

Keeping you in my prayers today. As has already been said, there's a high chance everything will be ok.

Whatever the outcome your baby will be beautiful Thinking of you lots xxx :hugs:

Me again, just had a look back at your scan pics and in the first one it looks like you LO has a nasal bone, although I'm no expert, I've read that is a good sign. Xxx

Hi Mishi, I have had that phone call, it is awful so I know how you are feeling. I was 1:30, opted to wait an agonising 2 weeks for an amnio which thankfully turned out ok. When I discussed my result with my midwife she went though past results with me which included those with 1:4 odds which all turned out ok. How was your nuchal measurement? Mine was 1.8 so well within the range expected. My age (37) and bloods low Papp a and high hcg bumped my score up. Firstbabyeek is right the presence of a nasal bone is a good sign, mine was prominent in my 12 week scan as is yours I think? Google is not always much help so I would try and stay away if you can, there is one or two sites that i found though that helped. PM me if you like or have any questions, hope all goes well tomorrow. Xx

I'm sorry to hear this :(
Hope all goes well, will be thinking of you xx

Hi Mishi, I have had that phone call, it is awful so I know how you are feeling. I was 1:30, opted to wait an agonising 2 weeks for an amnio which thankfully turned out ok. When I discussed my result with my midwife she went though past results with me which included those with 1:4 odds which all turned out ok. How was your nuchal measurement? Mine was 1.8 so well within the range expected. My age (37) and bloods low Papp a and high hcg bumped my score up. Firstbabyeek is right the presence of a nasal bone is a good sign, mine was prominent in my 12 week scan as is yours I think? Google is not always much help so I would try and stay away if you can, there is one or two sites that i found though that helped. PM me if you like or have any questions, hope all goes well tomorrow. Xx

NT measurement was 2.7 which I think is the higher end of normal? Im 39 and like you my PPaP A is low and bHCG high. Yes, there is a prominent nasal bone on my 12 weeks scan, so I'm trying to stay positive, but it's difficult and I've been in tears all day. I just want Bubs to be ok.

Thank you all for your support, it means alot.x

Speak to so_hopeful81 as her baby girls has ds. She is coping amazingly and would be a good person to speak to about the CVS xx

Me again, just had a look back at your scan pics and in the first one it looks like you LO has a nasal bone, although I'm no expert, I've read that is a good sign. Xxx

Thanks for your prayers honey, and yes nasal bone is present so I'm also hoping that's a good sign.x

NT measurement was 2.7 which I think is the higher end of normal? Im 39 and like you my PPaP A is low and bHCG high. Yes, there is a prominent nasal bone on my 12 weeks scan, so I'm trying to stay positive, but it's difficult and I've been in tears all day. I just want Bubs to be ok.

Thank you all for your support, it means alot.x

:hugs: So sorry you've been in tears :hugs: Anything over 3.5mm is considered out of normal range, so 2.7mm is well within the normal range. I've read that a measurement of 2.8mm at 13 weeks is also considered normal, so try not to worry. I know its easier said than done.

Do let us know how you get on tomorrow, will be thinking of you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back