colic

chezzabell

Reaction score
When would be the worst possible time for ur baby to get colic??

Well i can answer that Alastair is crying for 3 hours from 330am till 630am :? :wall: :x

That has to be the worst time to get it??

I have been using infacol, but iam going out today to get some coleif drops which cost £10 for a tiny bottle but i dont care i need some sleep :sleep:

Ah Sophie :hug:

I know it's no commiseration but next time you're holding a screaming baby at 4am, remember you're not the only one, I'm probably right there with ya! :D

this may sound horrbile but im glad someone else is going through it at the same time, cos last night i thought i was going to go mental thinking why do all other babies have colic at normmal time :wall: :wall: :wall:

why is my baby the only one :?

what are u doing minky to help the colic???

hope it gets better soon for u hun :hug: :hug:

Hi sophie, my baby had really bad colic (hes now 7 months) I tried a few things and Colief worked wonders for us. Just wanted to let you know that i got it on prescription, you can in some areas but docs arnt too keen to tell you that as its expensive. Good luck.x

Infacol has helped a little TBH. I hated the gripe water. it made him vom his whole bottle up! :puke:

The biggest help has been support during the day so I can get a bit of rest.

Just hoping it'll pass soon :pray:

I went out and got colief yesterday and he had a good night but during the day has been unsettled, iam going to try and get colief on prescription 2morrow its so expensive for such a tiny bottle.

Minxy hope things get better hun :hug:

I got colycynth crystals from boots and they were quite good.

We have been suffering from Colic since she was about 2 weeks. The only consolation is that it is worse during the day and not too bad at nights. It used to be worse after her 3am ish feed but just over a week ago she decided she didn't need that feed and has been sleeping through - Thank god. I can put up with her screaming half the day much more easily now that she sleeps through after her 11:30pm feed until 7:30am. They say it goes by the time they are 3months. Not too much longer for me to wait. I tried gripe water, infacol and another one but they didn't make any difference. Must admit I haven't tried colief as it seemed a lot of hassle to express of the milk and mix it as well as expensive, when all the others didn't work.

Nicky i totally agree i could cope with a baby crying all day but in the middle of the night its MAD :?

Well i managed to get colief on prescription, i know its a hassle but if it works as good on Alastair as it did Sophie im laughing hopefully :)

Please let me know how you get on with the Colief. She didn't have a colic attack after her morning feed. Yippee this is the first time for 6 days that she hasn't had a colic attack after every single feed during the day. Though she didn't quite manage to sleep through last night - she started moaning at about 5:30 and then turned to crying out at 6am so I fed her then, she also needed a nappy change then so I am hoping that is what woke her, she doesn't normally do a poo during the night. I am keeping my fingers crossed that, that was just a 1 off, as we had 8 consecutive nights before last night with her sleeping through.

Iam at my wits end wit this baby :rotfl:

I swear he was better when he was just on infacol, he is getting worse and worse by the day, not at nights but all day 2day he has cried and u can tell its pain related :cry:

Do i need to stop the colief??

Going to ring health vistor in the morning for advice, i have also bought some gripe water as me mam swears by it,. i will try anything :rotfl:

Please Alastair stop crying :?

Ah Sophie :hug:

I feel your pain! Put Alistair somewhere safe and go into another room for 10 minutes, I have to do that to get my head together sometimes!

We had NO sleep at all last night, although overall it's getting better. :(

I really value the support I can find on here, remember we're all here for you too :)

Thanks Minky :hug:

God its so bloody hard and its awful u know ur baby is in pain but theres pretty much nowt u can do :cry:

Minky what are u using to help??

I think gripe water helps a little

Have you tried the vacuum cleaner? Seriously. We find that it helps distract Ellie from the pain and then helps it to end sooner. I think that when they are screaming and so rigid it makes it worse and makes it hurt for longer. Just switch the cleaner on and hold him standing right by it. All I can say is what I have been told - it will stop somewhere between week 12 and week 16. Ellie was 9 weeks on Monday, so I am hoping that by 12 weeks it will stop. Please!

Thanks for the advice Nicky :hug:

I will give that a try i will try bloody anything :rotfl:

Hope Ellie settels for u soon hun :hug:

Gripe water seemed to make his reflux worse, as he threw up with every burp!

Infacol is working ok and we have a machine which plays sounds like heartbeat, white noise etc which can help him sleep.

It's so hit and miss though. What works one night won't the next. Stanley is a man of mystery! :)

Havent tried hoover yet

Spoke to HV and i found out u are not allowed to put colief into cold milk as it doesnt work, which is what i had being doing :doh:
so i have started to do it sorrectly and he seems alittle better, i also went out and got some dr brown bottles so will see how he is over next couple of days, if he is no better iam taking him off coleif :?

hi sophie sorry to just butt in but I had the same problem with my little man at the same age and i tried the infacol, dentinox, and colief and the only thing that helped was cooled boiled water about 3 mins after his bottle and the dr browns bottles!

I'd advise these bottles to anyone with a baby that has colic alot!
There very expensive but well worth the money!!!

I hope all your little bubbas get better soon, It's head banging when it's at night,I think minxy was right about putting bubba in a safe place and having 5 mins to yourself!

but thought I'd share my bit of advise hope it helps. :pray:

We used Colief for Jacob, they were an absolute godsend - I didn't care about the cost either!! You can get them on prescription though hun if you have time to wait!!

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back