Colic - Up all night. Is this normal?

Zodiac

Reaction score
Hi there,

I've had a REALLY rough night with LO. :(

He was awake from 5pm to nearly 1am, crying and in pain. I managed to quiet him down at times through pacing and rocking him, or offering my breast to suckle... hed'd then drop off, but within 5mins of being put in cot would wake again & start crying in pain.

I then managed to get him off to sleep, but he was still waking literally every hour/hour and a half crying & needing comforting/feeding etc.

He's only really just gone to sleep properly this morning about 30mins ago... is this normal for colic? He's never suffered before?

my lil one started at 4 am last ngiht and had now dropped off too , its hard aint it , im presuming normal tho :cry:

it gets better! it really does - Baby Smile is still a grumpy little soul but he has slept in his crib for most of the night this week and is having naps too! in his crib not my shoulder! I'm so proud!!!!! and when I went to wake him for his 1100 feed he gave me a HUGE grin! :dance:

feels like it will never end and it is horrible but it is like labour - you will forget the worst of it when that darlign baby is lyign in your arms smiling up at you :) :hug:

Im afraid it is normal, i really sympathise with u but like smile said it really does get easier... Ellie is now 2 months & over the last 2 weeks has improved dramatically.

Have u tried infacol?

Hope u get some sleep tonight :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I am afraid we went through similar too. DD would go to sleep ok at 8ish but when she woke for a feed would then be awake every hour in pain. I sympathies but it really does get easier :hug: :hug:

Thanks for the reassurance ladies.

He's never suffered with it before, so it was a bit of a shock to the system being up all night.

He's asleep now, so I'm gonna try for a catch up nap too!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back