coil today :o| *had it removed, thank god*

eek2.gif
eek2.gif
eek2.gif
My good god, I'm supposed to be having this next week!........Or maybe not............I like the sound of the Implant, never considered it before as I didn't think you could have it if breastfeeding!

Rachael said:
eek2.gif
eek2.gif
eek2.gif
My good god, I'm supposed to be having this next week!........Or maybe not............I like the sound of the Implant, never considered it before as I didn't think you could have it if breastfeeding!
Yep, I'm breastfeeding. Think it's got the same stuff as the mini pill you can take when you're breastfeeding.

leckershell said:
zebrastripes said:
Would you consider the implant or injections?

Although the way the coil went,goodness knows what the implant would do :lol:

awk :hug:

I was told that new patients wanting the injection are being put on hold as there are long term health risks with it that they want to fully research before giving it to anyone new. And the implant... I worried because I didn't get on with the full pills I was on, and the thought of feeling ill everyday and having to put up with it doesn't fill me with joy. At least with the injection you can just stop it after the one injection and after 3 months it's finished with, or with the pill you can stop taking them, but the implant you're sort of stuck with really.. :think:

Hi

I had the implant put in in September because it seemed like the best option. However the doctor warned me that I may experience side effects but it was obviously impossible to tell until you had it in. It seemed ok at first but after about 2 weeks I started bleeding and have been since then - not really heavy but it's annoying. Also feeling sick and irritable - like constant PMT. I spoke to the doctor and she said she could put me on the pill for 2 months to control the bleeding or she could remove it. I'm having it taken out next week. :D

However not everyone reacts the same so you could give it a go and if you don't like it then you could always have it removed after 3/4 months. It doesn't hurt nearly as much as the coil sounds like it does :shock:

Shell how are you now? - Has the bleeding subsided?

elaine22 said:
Hi

I had the implant put in in September because it seemed like the best option. However the doctor warned me that I may experience side effects but it was obviously impossible to tell until you had it in. It seemed ok at first but after about 2 weeks I started bleeding and have been since then - not really heavy but it's annoying. Also feeling sick and irritable - like constant PMT. I spoke to the doctor and she said she could put me on the pill for 2 months to control the bleeding or she could remove it. I'm having it taken out next week. :D

However not everyone reacts the same so you could give it a go and if you don't like it then you could always have it removed after 3/4 months. It doesn't hurt nearly as much as the coil sounds like it does :shock:

Well if the implant is not so good either....theres not much to choose from for breastfeeders is there?
-I don't want to take the pill, I hardly remember what I've gone in a room for these days, let alone remember to take a pill.....Condoms we have problems with......Jees, is there anything else?

See I thought it had subsided so I didn't bother with a towel yesterday but it was back with a vengeance :roll: If it doesn't calm down by the end of today I might give the doctor a call.

I don't know what the other options are for breastfeeders. I'm either going to do minipill and then move to full pill after breastfeeding, or stick with condoms til I'm done breastfeeding... I don't know why I bother fussing about it cos it's not as if we even bother getting rood at the moment anyway. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back