Coil users.........

OverTheMoon

Reaction score
I had the coil fitted in Nov last year and have had infection after infection ever since. I think i may just have it taken out. One of the infections i have at the moment (there are two!!) is Strep B - have looked on the internet for more info but all i can find is how it relates to pregnant women and the risks to the baby..... i am not pregnant so how does it affect me? I'm on antibiotics for a week, so hope it goes away this time, but fed up now of keep getting these damn infections. Anyone else had similar problems?

as long as you are not pregnant, then strep b doesn't really effect you, unless you get very sick (i.e cancer) or severely injured (bad car accident). In which case your bodys immune defences are lowered and it could allow the strep to manifest itself as blood poisoning or meningitis.... normally you just carry it in your uterus/vaginal area without any risk (30% of the female population do without knowing)... however, you need to mention it to your midwife should you get pregnant in the future.

I had a coil fitted for 5 years and never had the problems you've had. It sounds like its been fitted incorrectly or it was exposed to some bacteria to cause recurrent infections. It needs to be removed, and you need to let you uterus rest and heal before you try another coil. but be warned, your fertility will return immediately after its removal. I had a mirena coil the one with hormone... and I fell pregnant within two months after its removal, and I hadn't had a period in five years and only one light one after its removal.

:hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back