coil today :o| *had it removed, thank god*

Me again... I got a call at 7.45ish from the doctor who fitted it saying she's seen the scan results and she's amazed what it's done and how it's gone wrong... (and apologising)

So I'm back in tomorrow 11am to get it removed cos with it being in in a Y shape, it's not even doing it's job properly. She's happy to try it again tomorrow morning if I want another one in, or understands if I just want to leave it and try something else.

So I'll have a chat to OH tonight.

I'm just grateful it was nothing serious she was calling about.

When I got to the doctors today she said she wouldn't feel comfortable putting a new one in, and that I was the first one to go wrong for her in 15 years. The one 15 years ago was a similar situation to mine where the T's didn't pop out.

So I'm on the mini-pill for the time being and when I stop breastfeeding might try and find a full pill that works for me.

I'd still like a coil even after all that, but she worries my cervix is a weird shape and it'll never work for me to have one.

Ah well at least it's sorted and I'm not damaged!!

midna said:
leckershell said:

Indeed I dont wanna have to send more :hug: :hug: to your busted muff..I sent enough in 3rd tri yest :roll:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: midna, you crack me up :rotfl:

Glad you're ok Michelle :hug:

Blimey Shell, what a story :shock: ! I am so sorry you had so much trouble :hug: ! You have certainly put me off having one!!!

Well... Im 100%, Deffinately, Positively NEVER Having That Done! :talkhand:

:oops: Oops, sorry girls for putting you all off. As the woman said though, I was the first one to go wrong for her in fifteen years, so you would all probably be fine. Think I've just put Merina Coils out of business :rotfl: lol

I was hoping it would go alright! I only started the thread cos I was bricking it about the thought of it!

leckershell said:
:oops: Oops, sorry girls for putting you all off. As the woman said though, I was the first one to go wrong for her in fifteen years, so you would all probably be fine. Think I've just put Merina Coils out of business :rotfl: lol

I was hoping it would go alright! I only started the thread cos I was bricking it about the thought of it!

Well I had mine in for three years... never really had a problem with it, and it was the best form of protection I've ever used.. but I can't say it was a pleasant experience putting it in or taking it out... and it's really put me off having another one in. So I can't blame you shell... :hug: :hug: :hug:

leckershell said:
When I got to the doctors today she said she wouldn't feel comfortable putting a new one in, and that I was the first one to go wrong for her in 15 years. The one 15 years ago was a similar situation to mine where the T's didn't pop out.

So I'm on the mini-pill for the time being and when I stop breastfeeding might try and find a full pill that works for me.

I'd still like a coil even after all that, but she worries my cervix is a weird shape and it'll never work for me to have one.

Would you consider the implant or injections?

Although the way the coil went,goodness knows what the implant would do :lol:

awk :hug:

zebrastripes said:
Would you consider the implant or injections?

Although the way the coil went,goodness knows what the implant would do :lol:

awk :hug:

I was told that new patients wanting the injection are being put on hold as there are long term health risks with it that they want to fully research before giving it to anyone new. And the implant... I worried because I didn't get on with the full pills I was on, and the thought of feeling ill everyday and having to put up with it doesn't fill me with joy. At least with the injection you can just stop it after the one injection and after 3 months it's finished with, or with the pill you can stop taking them, but the implant you're sort of stuck with really.. :think:

midna said:
xCarly said:
Well... Im 100%, Deffinately, Positively NEVER Having That Done! :talkhand:

Haha dont blame ya ...Ill never have one again either ..fk that Id rather use wednesday`s poopy nappy as a flannel.

How is that lil girl of yours carly ?

Great Thank You Shes a Little Fatty Lol.. Cant Belieeeve Shes Nearly 4 Weeks :shock: Where The Hell Does The Time Go?!! Hope Wednesday Is Good Too & Yourself :D xxx

I had an implant put in last Thurs, It's 100% effective and lasts for 3 yrs - and you can take it when you're breastfeeding. Plus, the moment it's taken out, you're fertile again and ready to try for a baby immediately.

Kylie1007 said:
I had an implant put in last Thurs, It's 100% effective and lasts for 3 yrs - and you can take it when you're breastfeeding. Plus, the moment it's taken out, you're fertile again and ready to try for a baby immediately.

Hmmm I'll Have To Look Into That :think: .. Sounds Good :D

You have to have a little local anaesthetic injection so you can't feel the implant going in (it's inserted by a needle that's like the one that they do your bloods with) - however, after being pregnant, you can cope with anything!!! I bruised black and blue when it was first done but now it's gone down (I bruise easily anyway) and I can feel it about 2 inches long like a thin bar (kind of like the inside pen bit of a biro) about 3 inches above the inside of my elbow!

:shock: OMG Michelle I've only just seen this! What a nightmare! Glad all is ok now! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back