coil today :o| *had it removed, thank god*

leckershell

Reaction score
Not sure if I should post here or health and booty, but since I'm post birth I thought here?! :think:

Either way, I'm having my mirena coil fitted this morning at 11, and I'm bricking it. I know it's the right thing for us of all the contraceptive options, but I think I read squig say yesterday how much it hurts to have it removed :| So now I'm thinking what if I don't agree with it and it has to be taken out :? or in 3 years it'll have to come out anyway :?

Also I know it sounds weird but OH is obsessed he's gonna get a wire stuck in his thingy and the whole idea of the wire hanging out sorta grosses me out a bit.

I've gotta take a tablet before I go to do something to the cervix to make it easier and less painful to fit... which doesn't sound good.

And how do they actually fit it? The doctor told me there would be her plus a nurse doing it - why's it take 2 people to fit it :|

I'm probably worrying unnecessarily but... :?

hope it goes OK. I was going to get one but sitll haven't got round to it.

Let us know how you get on

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Sorry :oops:

Take some paracetamol before you go... because it hurts having it in too.. :oops: But its like having really bad period pains when they open the coil inside your uterus... and then it aches for a while afterwards. I never took any paracetamol because I had no clue when I had mine done. I think I suffered shock more than anything, as I honestly didn't know what was going to happen...

Theres usually a nurse there, just to assist the doctor... ie pass him things. They open you up with the speculum, (same as having a smear) and then insert what looks like a tiny rod... which is the coil. then they pull on the strings and it opens up like an umbrella inside you... he then clips the threads and its done.. its really quite fast tbh.. :) About 20 mins in total.

DH said he could feel my cords for a few times, but they did soften up really quick. And in about a week he could never feel them again, unless he went actively looking for them with his hands.

I had mine in for 3 years and of all the contraceptives I've ever had, my mirena coil was the most effective and easiest to have... would I have it in again? I dunno tbh, it did hurt and I'm a coward... but its actually the expense for me that puts me off more (350€ here in Spain as it's not available on the NHS, plus 50€ to have it fitted)...

I've no advice leckershell, but just wanted to wish you good luck!

I'm going for a smear test this morning at a similar time so I'll think of you in a undignified position at the docs like me!

Valentine Xxx

:( :? :cry: :? :(

I had it fitted at 11 and I've just come home. When they were doing it they said my cervix was at an awkward angle and I had a very small uterus so it took them ages to do it.

On my way home I nearly collapsed, couldn't see, felt really faint, wanted to literally throw up... so since I only got half way home I went back to the doctors - didn't want to collapse cos there's only me at home with Ryan.

They gave me a glass of water and a cup of tea with lots of sugars in, and did my blood pressure etc and said it shouldn't hurt but might just get mild period pain. I said it actually did feel very uncomfortable, so she felt my stomach and said there's a chance because of my weird shaped cervix/uterus that it's not gone in properly or the T bits haven't fully opened out.

So I stayed at the docs til I felt ok to walk home (only a 10 minute walk) and they said they are a bit worried about it and going to try and get me booked in for a scan to check that it's in ok. :(

My mums coming over because I'm not 100%, feel like puking still, and I'm worried about having Ryan on my own.

Some of you have got my number if you wonder where I am, but my mum will be over in about an hour so I'll be offline for the afternoon while she's here. I'll let you all know if I have the scan or if anything else happens. It's so weird, the actual fitting of it wasn't bad at all, it was only once I started walking home that I felt terrible.

sorry your feeling ill hun, i had it for 14 years and never had a minutes problem with it being put in or taken out, hope your ok :hug:

awww sweetie, that doesnt sound very nice. Hope you are okay.

Just giving you these :hug: :hug: :hug: The idea about putting the coil in suddenly dissapeared :? I will stick with the pills.

aw you poor thing that sounds horrid- i hope you are feeling better!
i'm never having one of them fitted it sounds evil!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Gosh it sounds hideous, you poor thing! Hope you're feeling better soon and that the scan goes ok tomorrow :hug:

oh no shell! :( :hug:

u put me right off havin one!

hope ur feeling better and good luck for the scan 2mro :hug:

aw hun hope your feeling better soon.

Mine didn't hurt to fit really, just a bit uncomfortable like a smear - Not had one out ever yet though. One bonus is, after 3 months, my periods stopped.........whooppp

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back