Co-sleeping when formula feeding-how safe?

muppetmummy

Reaction score
I've been co-sleeping with Logie from day 1 due to breastfeeding. I had to start topping up with formula last mon due to him losing weight, and now he's just about totally formula fed due to prefering the bottle.

I've heard the risks of co=sleeping increase if you're formula feeding, but how risky is it? I obviously dont want to put him at risk.

I tried putting him in his moses basket lasy night but he wouldnt settle, he still needs boob to get to sleep.
Ive tried a dummy, it helps for a while but then it falls out of his mouth and he shouts.

I do want him in his moses basket/cot eventually (in my bedroom) but im not sure either of us are totally ready yet.

as long as the guidelines are followed it will be safe

For day naps I co-sleep with Chester and he's formula fed. Not at night tho cus a) I dont want him to get used to it and b) where would hubby go! I cant see why it would be any less safe co-sleeping with him cus he's formula fed tho hun if its what you both want and enjoy then stick with it!

OH has modified the cot (it was 2nd hand anyway) so it's now a bed side one. OH can come back into the bed now without worrying he's gonna squash logie, or logie would fall out of bed :D

I formula feed and co-sleep. I love it. Just be safe. xxx

caden is into my bed every morning once OH is up as hes up at 5 i dont get up til 6ish.i often fall back asleep and wake up after 10 mintes to find both kids there :rotfl:

I co-slept when I was breastfeeding Antonio, then got him used to his cot and he started sleeping in it for about 4 weeks (i really missed him though) Then last week he wouldnt settle to sleep unless he was in bed with me, so we now co-sleep again and hes now 100% formula fed. To be honest I like having him in bed with me, its like I cant settle to sleep without him now :rotfl:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back