Co Sleeping

ChrissieCool

Reaction score
I co sleep with Jacob but now that he is getting bigger I'm getting punched in the face at night lol I didn't know you could get co sleeping cots until today lol and I seen a fab looking one on the Mothercare website, I was just wondering has anyone here ever tried them? as I'm thinking about getting one that will last until he is 2 years old and can be fixed back into a normal cot as he gets older, all the reviews sound awesome :D I tried everything to get him to sleep in the moses basket but he was having none of it so I know some don't agree with co sleeping which is fair enough but that's what works for me and if anyone has tried these cots I'd love to hear how you got on with them as I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the one I seen, thanks

Last edited:
I know a friend of mine had one and offered to lend me it but dunno what brand it was.

Ooh that looks lovely x I'd be inclined to buy one anyway tbh x

Yeah I'm pretty sure I will as I'd like to have hubby back with me and get back to being more normal again, it does cost a fair bit but it goes up to 2 years so I guess that's pretty good to be honest xxx

Last edited:
Yeah def! And I think itd be snapped up on eBay! In fact, have you looked on there? You could buy the cot off there and a new mattress x

that mothercare one really does look lovely. Chloes hated her moses basket too, and there has been nights usually 4/5am in the morning when shes stirring, im like sod it, come in my bed its big enough lol. she will be in her cot as soon as ive sold the moses basket and got room!

is your lo in always in with you do you think it will be a hard transition to the cot as im taking co sleepin means hes in your bed? xxx

Yes he is in my bed with me and I know it wont be easy getting him used to this but as the side can come all the way down on the cot and be pulled right next to the bed, it will seem like an extra part of the bed, then I can eventually sneak it into a cot with the side up as I have tried everything else and it just didn't work, if I hadn't of taken him in with me I would never have got any sleep, I did this with my others but never knew about these cots until today and it seems my best option I think to getting him used to it :)

Last edited:
fab, sounds like your a pro at at it :) they are fab ive seen ones like it before but they didnt look as good quality as this one you've found. bet if you didnt mind 2nd hand you would get one dead cheap on ebay or gumtree cus they are usually pick up only. xxx

We coslept (still do quite often) with DS and will do with this LO also. We were talking about getting a side-car cot for this LO and that looks fab. Quite pricey though, but I think drop-down cots always are more pricey???

Yeah they all seem to cost a lot and this one will last just as long as a normal cot so I think this is the one for us :D thanks everyone xxx

I co-slept with DD until she was 18 months old and she had no problems going into a cot. Ditto with Sebastian-though he chose to stop co-sleeping when he was 9 months old. X hopefully Jacob will transition easily for you x

We co-slept until LO started rolling onto her front and wriggling all about at 7.5 months and she went into her cot no problem. No idea about the cots just wanted to share the moving over success :)

Oscar has been going in his cot for a few weeks now and his transition is going really well. Seeing as he's never slept in a cot on his own he goes down on his own and sleeps well, unless it's a teething night then he's back in with us lol

That cot looks really nice hun. Sorry got no experience of a bedside cot but I co-slept with Jax till he was 11 weeks and had no problem moving him over to his big cot xxx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

That one looks very nice. You dont really need a special cot though. We just used a cheap ikea cot and removed one side. Same result for much less money (but I am a bit stingy like that lol). We'll put the side back on when she's older ;)

Im been dumb but what exactly is co-sleeping? Ive seen a few posts on here but non that explain what it is?

As for the cot ours is like that....where you can remove 1 side.....I presumed all did hahha (dumb once again!)

It just means the baby sleeps with you in the bed or in one of those cot things right next to the bed, thanks for the replies everyone, very much appreciated xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back