I used to swear i would never co-sleep, but...

laetitia85

Reaction score
My LO will not sleep in his moses basket at night. He only wants to sleep next to me, attached to my breast. Whenever I put him in his moses basket he starts crying. What can I do? I’m not too keen on co-sleeping as I can’t get a deep sleep (I’m too conscious of baby lying next to me) but so far it’s been the only remedee to calm him down and reassure him.

I havent got any advice to offer as I never co slept as my DD was bottle fed. But hugs too you all - the first few months can be the most hardest, chalklenging stressful time youl go through - well i found it was. The laxk of sleep and worse for you girls sore boobs and co sleeping.

Newborn babies are not easy!!!

I love it that Imogens older now, but enjoy your babies, yes they are hartd but they are so precious when there tiny.

My midwife suggested to me to feed sitting up and with a pillow on your lap (baby on the pillow), and put the baby in the moses basket on the pillow. I did it a couple of times. Your sleep doesn't improve for weeks yet if you're breastfeeding I'm afraid. It does get easier though. x

Have you tried swaddling? I co slept cos it didn't bother me but if you don't like it I'd swaddle :)

Yup as the ladies above have suggested, swaddling and sleeping on a pillow worked for us. I still tended to co-sleep quite a lot just because it was easier but when he was in the moses basket he was happiest like that.

I gave him a dummy when he was a couple of weeks old (having been dead set against them before) and it was a godsend!

yay!!! Join the club :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: I said the same and now im 8 weeks in nearly and she is still in the bed with me LOL Hubby on the sofa :) In fact tonight is the first she is in the bed on her own i cant bloody believe it :cheer: :cheer: It does get better though, just go with the flow and do whats best for you both, if i had listened to the midwifes i wouldnt of had any sleep yet!! xxx

laetitia you may find there's a few things you've said you'll never do, but do :lol: I love co-sleeping, its especially useful too if LO is unwell or upset. Never gave Isaac a dummy in early days, when I did try he wouldn't have it, next time I'm going to offer a dummy, as maybebaby says, they can be a godsend :) Congratulations again too on the birth of your beautiful LO :) :hug:

i know!! he doesn't like the dummy too much at the moment, and i wasn't too keen on it myself. but later it will probably help

laetitia85 said:
i know!! he doesn't like the dummy too much at the moment, and i wasn't too keen on it myself. but later it will probably help

o yes it does 8) ..i said the same at first :twisted:

midna said:
I also noticed that my girl hates sleeping on the hard matress of a moses try making it softer and also try putting in an item of your clothing. . Goodluck hunxx

I found the carrycot part of my pram to be very soft. I had the carrycot in the cot so he knew roughly where his bed was and he always had the same view. I also used to put in my pj top from the night befoer so my scent was on it. Its such trial and error at this point.

Redshoes said:
laetitia you may find there's a few things you've said you'll never do, but do :lol:

A few :shock: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: more like 100's :rotfl:

Laetitica, you'll find most mums who are breast feeding tend to co sleep with their babies. Theres lots of medical evidence to suggest that the risk of cot death is significantly reduced in co sleeping infants IF they are breast fed... due to the nature of the skin to skin contact required.

I co slept with Tia when I breast fed... you're right you don't sleep deeply because you are so aware of the baby next to you which is why it makes the risk of you rolling over onto your baby much less, unless you've been drinking or taking medications/drugs.

At the end of the day your LO has just spent the past 9 months listening to you talk, your heart beat, your smell... To all of a sudden, put him in a cold confined, isolated space such as the moses basket must be a huge shock for them.

But don't worry hun... you wouldn't be the first mum to go back on what she said and you sure won't be the last :)

thanks for all the advice. i still breastfeed and co-sleep but he likes his moses basket more now, because i tried the pillow thing and it really works!

laetitia85 said:
thanks for all the advice. i still breastfeed and co-sleep but he likes his moses basket more now, because i tried the pillow thing and it really works!

That's great news laetitia :cheer: Hope you're catching up on some quality sleep too :hug: :hug: :hug:

laetitia85 said:

I didnt like the thought of a dummy, but Ruby loved it for the first few months, then suddenly @ 12 weeks she spat it out and has never touched one since :shock:

My sister co sleeps and it works for them..she beats herself up over it as she feels everyone dissaproves, but i am a firm believer in if it works for you, then do it. happy baby, and happy parents is the main aim here!

Ruby has always slept in her own cot & nursery but there are times at the weekend when she snuggles down with us after her 7am bottle and sleeps in my arms...and God, I LOVE it!!! I dont sleep properly as I just love to watch her sleep but its so good to have her in my arms :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back