Co-bathing..

SaraLouise

Reaction score
I'd really like to try co-bathing with Harrison as I know this can help when having problems bfing, but I'm not sure how I go about it ifykwim..

Surely if I have the water baby temp then I will be freezing?
Also do you just get in with the baby & hold them whilst you lie down - because my bath isn't that deep so won't they be out of the water?
How do you get out the bath whilst holding the baby?

Sorry if these seem like silly questions lol, I just don't have a clue!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

My babies both like a warm bath so i just had it warm, i got in then oh passed her to me, washed baby laid for a bit, then oh came to get her and then i got a real wash. xx

I just run the bath as I normally would for myself, making sure it's not too hot. Then grab little one and get in carefully with her. I either lay with her on my chest and splash water over her, or alternate with holding her so she's sitting in the bath in front of me and can have a look around.

I just get out as I normally would but with her in my arms normally, as long as you go steady you should be fine. I sometimes pop a towel on the floor by the bath then lay her on it while I'm in the bath still, then get out myself and put on a towel, wrap her up and go.

Good luck, it's nice when they are newborn. My lo is 8 months now and doesn't stay still like she used to in the bath!

Oh and it definitely helps with breast feeding or milk issues. 2 weeks after I stopped bf I was in the bath with E and starting dripping milk randomly! Good luck!

Could your OH help?

Do you have a bath temp thingy?

I hated co-bathing with James {he is so wriggly and slippy and I was terrified I'd drop him} but he has always got in with OH!

xxxxx

Last edited:
I have a wee seat for the bath from Argos. It was only like £10. I pop O in that when I'm getting in (I'm terrified of dropping him or slipping). I then remove it when we're both in & lay him on my chest or turn him around & let him kick & splash. When I'm getting out I pop the seat back in, put him in that & pull the plug. Once the water is practically gone I get out, dry myself & then get munchkin out. The water temp' is definitely not to my liking but it kills 2 birds with 1 stone so I tolerate it. :)

Oh okay, thankyou ladies!

That's a good idea about the seat hd x

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I have a wee seat for the bath from Argos. It was only like £10. I pop O in that when I'm getting in (I'm terrified of dropping him or slipping). I then remove it when we're both in & lay him on my chest or turn him around & let him kick & splash. When I'm getting out I pop the seat back in, put him in that & pull the plug. Once the water is practically gone I get out, dry myself & then get munchkin out. The water temp' is definitely not to my liking but it kills 2 birds with 1 stone so I tolerate it. :)

We use a seat as well. I get in with LO and OH then brings him in. Once LO is finished OH takes him out to get dried and dressed while I have a shower.

I still co-bath with Ethan now & he's 10.5 months old. I run the bath so that it's warm for me, but not too hot for LO. I get in the bath and my OH brings Ethan into me. When he was younger, I'd lay him on my chest and splash him with water etc, but now he sits/stands up holding the bath rail. I don't risk holding him when getting out of the bath though, my OH comes and gets him, then gets him ready for bed. That then gives me time to have a wash properly myself.

xxx

I still co-bath with Ethan now & he's 10.5 months old. I run the bath so that it's warm for me, but not too hot for LO. I get in the bath and my OH brings Ethan into me. When he was younger, I'd lay him on my chest and splash him with water etc, but now he sits/stands up holding the bath rail. I don't risk holding him when getting out of the bath though, my OH comes and gets him, then gets him ready for bed. That then gives me time to have a wash properly myself.

xxx

We do this but the other way around, OH baths with him and I fetch him and dry / dress him after whilst OH has a proper bath.

xxxxxxx

I love my baths with madam, if OH is in he does the handovers if not I use the bath chair.

I find it easier than using the baby bath. Plus she can float about and kick freely :D

Sent from my new shiny iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh and def get a bath temp thingy as you can have it warmer than you'd think.

I love having baths with LO, and DH does it too, very good for bonding. Didn't help me with breastfeeding but I had undiagnosed problems with breastfeeding so eventually gave up. It is great having that one to one time with the wee one though :)

We do it the same as redbear too xx

water temp of 37degrees is perfect.

i used a little bath support seat and one we were both naked I popped her in it and got in (still having my hands on her). Then I put the seat over the side and we splashed about a bit. Had her on my belly, my knees, between my knees. Just slide about!

when it was time to get out I used to pull the seat back, pop her in it and pull the plug then get out and then lift her out and pop her on the towel I had laid on the floor for her. Then wrap myself quickly in a towel and get her all dried and warm.

enjoy, bathing with your baby is one of lifes secret pleasure....... its amazing x

My oh always baths our girl. She adores bubble bath time with daddy. I often sit on the stairs listening to the pair of them giggling. Its rather cute. Shes nearly 10 months and has been co bathing with daddy from 2 months. It's just their time together. And means I get half an hours peace or time to whip round the house cleaning and doing tea. Xx

tapatalking

Oh and def get a bath temp thingy as you can have it warmer than you'd think.

This is so true. We made LO's first ever bath quite warm and we thought it would be too warm, but he loved it and has loved the bath ever since! I think it reminded him of being back in mummy's tummy floating about.

I loved cobathing with J when he was a NB but now he's so tall and just wants to stand, plus not to sound horrible but bath time is my time. One of the very few moments peace I have. LOL.

It is a nice bonding exercise though I needed OH to help me xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back