Bathing with your baby

minikins

Reaction score
Just wanted to share with you an experience I have with my baby that is truely wonderful.

Since Dominic was 3 weeks I started to bath with him as I found the baby baths a mare, he hated the baths then and I could not carry the bath because of my c-section.

I run the bath to the correct temperature and get in, while my husband gets him ready then brings him to me and now he loves bathing, it's great skin to skin contact, less traumatic for them and just wonderful for bonding and gets them used to the water well.

I mentioned it to my midwife as I wanted to be sure it was an ok thing to do, but it just felt right to do and she said it's great to do that and also a great way for dads to bond with their bambinos too.

I highly recommend it, mind you the first time we did it, he pooed in the bath and it was a quick bath let me tell you!!! Since then though we have had no major accidents - lol

Happy bathing :)

I think it's a brilliant thing to do Minkins - I plan to bath with my baby too when he is big enough - hopefully won't have too many pooey situations either!!! :lol:

Kayl1986 said:
the staff was gonna do a demonstration with Summer she picked her up and held her to wash her hair (with no nappy) she pooed in her hand lol she weren't impressed.

LOL that's soooo funny!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

i used 2 bath with elliott when he was born. he had grown 2 big 4 his baby bath and it hurt my back 2 bend over the bath. it is a great experience and ill be doing it with this 1 2.

claire
xxx

I didn't even think about having a bath with baby, and it'll be great for OH to be able to also. Had to laugh about the poo in the bath, when I was little me and my sister used to bath together and she once had a poo in the bath. I haven't let her forget it and its been well over 20 years!!! Thanks for the tip minikins x

I did that with both my two and plan to do the same with this one.......never even had a baby bath and it was lovely to just be able to breastfeed them in the bath if they needed it - there isn't much opportunity for real skin to skin after birth and its a great thing to do for you and baby (and Dad too!!).

It's one of those things you don't read in a book and sometimes we go too much to the letter on Baby books and should just do what feels right.

Am glad I mentioned this in a thread, let me know how your baths go if you decide to try it :)

I had my first bath with Ava a few nights ago and she loved it! She's getting a little big for her baby tub so I thought we'd try it and am glad we did.

Yeah, I share my baths with Noah too, so does Mark its fantastic!
He really loves baths and is really alert waving his arms around everywhere and pulling faces at me!

awwww minikins that sounds lovely.

I didnt do it when my two were babies but when they got to about 16 months we would take it in turns to get in with them, makes the whole experience fun for them and gets them clean!!!!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back