Clearblue ovulation kits.

MrsDraven

Reaction score
I had a feeling I was ovulating because I was getting cramps after my period and according to the MyDays chart app, I should have been starting yesterday, which I think it may be correct because I had a little clear stretchy cm. I bought a Clearblue ovulation kit and the control line and test line both came up but reeeeally faint. What does that mean? Is it working properly? I thought the control line was meant to be really dark. Confused!

i think its a negative it its faint?! does it not tell you in the instructions?? xxx

Yeah sort of. It's hard to tell though because the control line is really faint aswell :s

well im pretty sure aslong as theres a control line there its worked so no need to worry or if your like me :) take another one lol xx

Might just do another tomorrow. Damn they're confusing. I think I like the First Response ones better.

aha lol bless ya im using the ovulation strips cheepy ones putting them in the bin they make no sense i would rather count on the calender at the moment rather than stressing me out lol i might try either the clearblue or first response ones though give them a go. yeah i no so confusing! xx

I got some cheapies and they literally did nothing at all. I could be blatantly ovulating and it wouldn't pick it up so I gave up. We're not actually trying we have to hold off on trying, but my periods have been a little weird lately and the cramps are on the same side that I had an ovarian cyst on a few years ago so I've been trying to keep track of my ovulation and when the pain is at it's worst so my Dr can figure out what's going on a little easier.

What the hell? Tested today and there were no lines at all? Control or test. Clearblue suck!

hiya

I actually used the CB ones my first try and missed my ov due to the misleading results. As they are blue dye tests they are murder to check which is darker.

Personally, I bought the pink dye opk tests, so easy to read and no confusion. Check out ebay for a bunch of cheapies for about £4-5.

PS - if the line isnt as dark as the control line its a negative - either because you arent oving orr you have maybe tested with weak urine. I held mine for four hours before weeing!

The first time I tested I got a blank window for about 15 mins! This was because I peed on it, I didnt dip. You are better to dip in my experience..

If your still stuck you should go have a look at the pics in the opk gallery.

Last edited:
my tests were never as dark as the control line so dont worry about that i was oving cos i got my bfp,not everyone gets a realy dark control line,i used the ebay cheapies always worked fine for me xx

I literally got no control line at all though thats whats confused me. Had 2 yesterday but both pale. Il do another later I think that test was dud. Il stick with first response i think they were great. The ebay cheapies didnt work.

strange ya got no lines at all very strange indeed i only used ics ones so not realy sure about others x

Ive read a couple of people not getting lines, god knows why.

Personally, I wouldnt use blue. They suck.

All the best though :)

Just did a boots cheapie which was much better but still cant tell. Theres clearly a line in both windows but the control line is a lot clearer than the test one

viewer.php
No idea if this will work cause it never does for me but yeah, if not I'll delete

Last edited:
It won't let me post a pic or delete my last post. I'll just have to hope it was a positive. Sorry about that.

Hello, I am new on here. TTC for three cycles now by just using a calendar app on my iPad. All the guess work and hoping is really getting me down though so I have just bought clear blue digital OPK.
Its really confused me though as i thought i ovulated on sunday but yesterday (monday) I got a smily face when i checked......The instructions say the smiley face appears BEFORE ovulation?!! Gutted as my OH has been away working since Sunday afternoon and I thought we had our timings right this month. Have any of you guys used these and what are your thoughts? Would I be better off buying the strips you read?
Feel very stupid and disappointed :-(
xxx

I'm pretty much experiencing that clearblue suck. I'd go with first response or Boots own brand tbh.

Well apparently I'm no longer ovulating. But according to the MyDays app, I should be ovulating today. Yeeeah my-days sucks. lol.

Hello, I am new on here. TTC for three cycles now by just using a calendar app on my iPad. All the guess work and hoping is really getting me down though so I have just bought clear blue digital OPK.
Its really confused me though as i thought i ovulated on sunday but yesterday (monday) I got a smily face when i checked......The instructions say the smiley face appears BEFORE ovulation?!! Gutted as my OH has been away working since Sunday afternoon and I thought we had our timings right this month. Have any of you guys used these and what are your thoughts? Would I be better off buying the strips you read?
Feel very stupid and disappointed :-(
xxx

I had the same problem using the clearblue smilie face opk. I got my normal 2 positive opks on cd16 and 17. And being a true poas addict i tested again to make sure i'd finished oving and got another + on cd18 and 19. But to be honest i think they were just picking up on the weakening hormones, i either had really strong hormones or the tests were uber sensitive.

This month i'm using the clearblue fertility monitor just because i'm fed up of the guess work!! X X X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back