Ovulation kits - Results

linspins105

Reaction score
for the last two month I have been using ovulations kits but don't seem to get a postive.

For a postive the test line has to be as dark as the Control line but I don't get this.

It starts with just the control line and then for two days I get a faint line and then it goes back to no line just the control line.

Does this mean I am not ovulating every month - should I go to the Doctors?

I was testing too this month and missed my surge, maybe you did too.

Ive been usuing ebay cheapies

when i used e-bay cheapies i also used the clearblue digi predictor and when i got my smiley face indicating i was ovulating on the clearblue one, the e-bay cheapie showed just a faint line so for me the e-bay cheapies dont work so i use cleablue digi ones! I never trust the e-bay ones i got so binned them
but everyone is different, you mabe just missed your surge

:hug:

I was told you have to pee a certain time in the day to see the surge, this oulation stuff is not easy!

Hi,

You have to make sure that you test at the same time each day, also on the ebay tests you shouldn't test with your first morning wee. After 3pm I think is the best time.

I normally test when I get home from work between 5&6 pm.

I got a faint line yesterday on my ebay opk and today had a strong line but not as strong as the control line. Admittedly this was mid morning, not my usual time of testing.

I've bought a Clearblue digital ov test kit today and got a smiley face so did an ebay test too and got a line as strong as the control line.

I would keep testing if I was you.

yeh do try to test same time of day - last month tried after dinner in the evening - between 7-8 as test said could test between 10 am and 8 p.m. As that didn't seem to work this month I have been testing when I go home for lunch about 12-1.

If you keep getting a negative result do you keep testing up until your AF or is that just wasting them?

Perhaps next month I'll try clearblue!!

some times its best to test twice a day. Iv tested with OPK's before and missed it. :hug:

I am confused also. I was due to ovulate yesterday and tested with clear blue digi and no smiley face... I tested 2 days before this as well and it was still negative. I dont know if im going to ovulate late, not at all or missed it completely. I have tested with this device before and got the smiley face but cant seem to catch it this month. However one day I did test with FMU which you shouldnt do and the other time was 1am after the pub (lol) and then the other early evening. Giving up for this month!

Personally I would keep testing and try to stick to testing at the same time of day.

If your cycles are irregular, then it will vary as to when you are ovulating from month to month. It can vary anyway but I think for most of us, we tend to ovulate around the same time each month so you get to know when to start testing with the opk's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back