Question regarding OPK

furryheart

Reaction score
This is my first month using ovulation tests.

I have had a very very dark positive line the past 2 days, darker than the control line and i was wondering if it means im still to ovulate or does it mean i have ovulated? once i ovulate does the positive line go faint right away? so confused!

Also i thought that the positive line was only dark for a short time not for 2 days?

Could someone please help me?

Hi,

I'm new to opk as well but a positive opk means u are due to ovulate, not that u have. You can get a positive for 2days until your line then starts to fade. The positive opk is the LH surge that helps ure egg to be released. I think you ovulate roughly 2days after your first opk result.

Hope this helps, this is just what I've read & also been told on PF.

Good luck x

Amber, thank you im just so confused with these tests. OH will be pleased to know he is still needed lol.

You usually ovulate 12-36 hours after your surge, so when it goes fainter your surge is over and you're ready to ovulate xx

Are you temping too hun? I'm doing both, so really helped to determine, if and when I ov'd. I had 3 days of positive opk's and my chart said that I ov'd the third day, as my temp rose on the fourth day. Hope that makes sense. I think LH can hang around in your urine even after surge is finished, as it starts of in your blood. I would say that u ov'd the day after first positive. Are they both definitely positives? Sometimes it hard to tell x x

Last edited:
No Vixxie im not temping...but they are def positives...i will test again later and see if its still pos.

I dont know if i would have a clue how to temp, thats why i dont... maybe i should look into it further.

Going by what you said then i would have ov yesterday so we should bd today and maybe tomorrow morning just to make sure?

Thanks Vixxie.

Temping is really easy, u just take ure temperature using a basal thermomitor every morning before u get up. I have found it v. Useful as I have irregular periods so I can understand what's happening & when. I would recommend using one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back