Clear blue fertility monitor

clairedoran

Reaction score
Hi all :wave:

I've got a CBFM, this is my 1st month of using it. I was finding it very difficult to pinpoint ovulation so took a bit of the money we got for our wedding in sep to pay for it!! So if it works i'll be thanking my wedding guests for my BFP :wink:

I'm already delighted with it, as it told me I am ov on cd20, (quite late really), i never would have known this. I ov'd on Saturday. So I'm 2dpo. This is my 4th month ttc.

I enjoy the whole poas thing so this monitor is feeding my addiction, it took 15 sticks :shock: to finally detect ov! When the monitor showed I was at peak fertility, I was sooooo excited! God knows what I'll be like with a BFP!

I would like to know if anybody else has one or if they know of any success stories?

Thanks ladies

Claire

xx

Hi, I've got one too - my GP recommended it. It's the 2nd month of using it (very annoyingly, the previous 2 months I had it ready, and then was away at conferences when my period started, so missed setting it! :x ). There are plenty of success stories - go to Fertility Friend, and look up charts using 'fertility monitor' (there's a link to my chart in my signature, from that you should be able to navigate to the chart gallery).

In my first month of TTC, I also ov'ed on CD20, and in total it requested 20 sticks - 15 to get that first P, starting on CD6, 2 more for the second P and the H, and then another 3 just for a laugh... This month, it requested the first test on CD10 and I ov'ed CD18 - it used just 10 sticks, requesting the last one for the 2nd P, and automatically giving me an H the next day. It will use a lot of sticks on the first cycle - it has no idea whether you ov on CD8 or 28 so tries to cover all bases.

Good luck!

Never used a fertility monitor but hope it works out for you x x x

Thanks for this Kittykins. I'll be looking out for your posts now! It really is a miracle machine, I was so excited when I saw the little egg! I'm going to have a little look at fertility friend now. I'm now in the 2ww as I ov'd on sat.

Best of Luck

Claire

xx

Thanks for this Kittykins. I'll be looking out for your posts now! It really is a miracle machine, I was so excited when I saw the little egg! I'm going to have a little look at fertility friend now. I'm now in the 2ww as I ov'd on sat.

Best of Luck

Claire

xx

Miss M said:
Are these expensive?

Hi Miss M,

I got mine for £99 in boots, so yes they are expensive. But in the long term I'd say they work out the same as buying ov tests each month. This month was expensive for me becasue I used alot of test sticks, but as the monitor gets to know you, you will use less. I'd recommend going onto the clear blue site and having a read of how the monitor works, then you can decide if it is worth getting one. For me I could NEVER pinpoint ovulation with the normal test sticks, I never appeared to get a surge line, I genuinely thought I wasn't ovulating. The results seem very good, if I get a BPF this month it will be worth every penny, if I don't at least I know the pattern of my cycle. As I say have a look at the clearblue site, you may find that if you know your cycle and are sure when u ovulate then it would be a waste of money.

Good Luck Miss M

xx

clairedoran said:
Miss M said:
Are these expensive?

Hi Miss M,

I got mine for £99 in boots, so yes they are expensive. But in the long term I'd say they work out the same as buying ov tests each month. This month was expensive for me becasue I used alot of test sticks, but as the monitor gets to know you, you will use less. I'd recommend going onto the clear blue site and having a read of how the monitor works, then you can decide if it is worth getting one. For me I could NEVER pinpoint ovulation with the normal test sticks, I never appeared to get a surge line, I genuinely thought I wasn't ovulating. The results seem very good, if I get a BPF this month it will be worth every penny, if I don't at least I know the pattern of my cycle. As I say have a look at the clearblue site, you may find that if you know your cycle and are sure when u ovulate then it would be a waste of money.

Good Luck Miss M

xx

Oooh, £99, ouch! I'd thought about these before, as I just do not know when I'm ovulating which is so frustrating. We've tried for years around the day 14 mark, with no results, so I'm really not sure that's my time. I've also used ovulation tests but still no BFP (I can't even recall when they said I was ovulating actually :oops: ) Also, the fertility nurse I was seeing, said she didn't recommend those tests, but not why.

I think I'll give some sort of hypnotherapy or acupuncture a go first, to try and knock my stress levels on the head and if still no luck, then I'll have to save my pennies for a monitor!

Thank you for replying Claire :hug:

I used a Persona Monitor, from what you posted above I think it works similar to the Clearblue, you POAS when the machine tells you to & then it tells you when you are ovulating.

The monitor is marketed as a contraception method as it tells you when its safe to BD without using contraception to prevent pregnancy but, I used it for the opposite.

It cost me £64.99 from boots online and I qualified for free postage, plus after you have your baby you can use it as contaception - brilliant!

I would recommend any sort of machine if your impatient like me, it gave me my BFP after 1 month of using it! Plus it put the fun back into sex rather than bd'ing like rabbits every other night, which became a chore.

Charlie:-) said:
I used a Persona Monitor, from what you posted above I think it works similar to the Clearblue, you POAS when the machine tells you to & then it tells you when you are ovulating.

The monitor is marketed as a contraception method as it tells you when its safe to BD without using contraception to prevent pregnancy but, I used it for the opposite.

It cost me £64.99 from boots online and I qualified for free postage, plus after you have your baby you can use it as contaception - brilliant!

I would recommend any sort of machine if your impatient like me, it gave me my BFP after 1 month of using it! Plus it put the fun back into sex rather than bd'ing like rabbits every other night, which became a chore.

I also bought the monitor because I'm so impatient. I know someone who got a BFP with the monitor your using. The persona monitor is actually probably better, because it specifically says NOT to use the clearblue monitor as a form of contraception! At least you can do both with the persona one. I do think the monitors are alot easier to use,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back