Calling all Clear Blue Fertility Monitor users...

xxsammyxx

Reaction score
Im confused! I bought this monitor a few months ago. The first month i ovulated it read high for the first day then OV the next day and OV the next day and then high again and then back to low. All normal. The next month it was more or less the same. I missed one month due to no test sticks and this month it read high on the first day, same the next, and it has been like this for 5 days now :wall: I know there was a girl on here (dont know if it was sunshine_gal, i might be wrong) that had a high for several days the same and im sure a couple of weeks later she said the found out she was pregnant. Im wondering if its reading constantly HIGH because of this (though i havent tested and i cant see how i can be pregnant unless i ovulated early as I never had my sticks through until CD 13 - i have had a high and peak on CD 10 before now. Can anyone shed any light on the situation? I have never had 4 days of high and not OV peak before as I have always had a peak OV result after a day of high. I am testing with FMU but now on CD 18. Normal ebay cheapie OV sticks are not picking up OV so maybe i did OV early this month... i dont know!

:rotfl: we i tested with ebay cheapie. Hmmm now heres one for you all. There is a line but hey its so faint its unbelievable!!! I CAN see where the line is supposed to be though (which i never normally can - probably due to the fact that i have never had a BFP!) It almost looks like an indentation its soooooo faint. I dont know how to describe it. I mean its reallllllly faint. But i can see where the line should be. Its like 2 really fine pink outlines of the thick line (like white in the middle but the outline of the line - if you know what i mean!) If anything I could only by 7 or 8 DPO. Thats if i have ovulated already. Anyone else had this? Its probably an evap, im not going to disallusion myself! :roll:

*** update*** the line has disappeared into "nothingness" now after 30 mins of showing so i guess it as just an evap!!!

Hi Sammy :wave:

It was me.

I had only just bought my CBFM and was on my first cycle and it read HIGH every day from day 9 all the way up to me testing and getting my BFP.
I still to this day have no idea why it worked like that and why i was getting HIGH readings after every stick i inserted. It was frustrating but to be honest it made us bd like crazy becauses i kept thinking well i must be fertile otherwise it would say LOW. Seems it worked lol.

We had been trying for over a year (with 1 loss) before buying this machine.

With regards to your testing i tested at 10 dpo on a clearblue digi and got a not pregnant so i was devastated thinking not only am i not pregnant i prob didn't ovulate.

I then tested again at 14 dpo (something in my head was telling me to do it again) and i got such a faint line on an ebay cheapie. So faint i had to go to the window and could only see it at various angles.

I went straight out and bought a First Response and there it was as plain as day BFP. So my advice is wait a few days and get a good test ready to hand and i hope and pray you get a BFP hun :hug:

Good luck i'll be popping in to see how you get on.

:hug:

Thanks glittergirl, i knew it was someone on here as i remember being confused about the constant HIGH :doh: Its 5 days now and now I'M confused! I don't know whether to BD every 2 days to build up the sperm (OH has low sperm count) so its stronger for when i get ovulation peak on the monitor or BD continuously. Any thoughts on this? Im all confuzzled... :hug:

Hmm not sure with regards to low sperm count but i would have thought every 2nd day would be ok.

I've looked back through my diary as i kept a record of everything and i now can see that i ov'd on day 15 (my cycles prior to m/c were terrible and quite long so day 15 was excellent for me) and we bd'd the night before and night after ov (plus the following 5 nights in a row) but not the night i actually ov'd.

Just keep a regular pattern to when you bd and if your machine is still saying High keep b'ding as you must be fertile.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks glittergirl.... i will have to see if i get a high, if not i guessed i missed it! We will BD today and then see what tomorrow brings! xx

Hey i had a FF monitor and it was showing i was fertile everyday of the month, didnt use it the month after and i fell, they are a piece of tripe if you ask me :roll:

littlelady.... hmmm its doing some strange things! Ive used it for a few months now but no results as yet, mind you its probably not the monitors fault! :rotfl:

OV tests can pick up pregnancy so it's possible you are :D

Fingers crossed that are hun, are you going to re-test soon? :hug: :hug:

hi mrs metal... I tested with ebay cheapies today and got nought off them today. I will go and test now and let you know if i have anything interesting. I swear to god the ebay cheapie pg test had the faintest of lines for a good 40 mins but as soon as i called OH it disappeared! :evil: :rotfl: Typical. It was not with FMU though and now i dont know where the hell i am with my cycle, whether i have ovulated a week ago like i did once before or i have not ovulated yet. :doh: I will let you know if anything exciting happens! :hug:

Fingers crossed for you! If it's BFN don't be too disappointed as you might need FMU :hug: :hug:

Hi, thanks hun. I took a pg test and OV test (ebay cheapies) both were neg so far... I will test with the monitor tomorrow and try OV with cheapies in the afternoon to see if i can shed any light on whats happening! What a nightmare! x

Well today the monitor said "high" again (not peak) im getting a bit sick of this and dont know whats going on. I got a really faint line on an ebay cheapie OV stick late last night but a PG tests reads a definate neg so i still dont know if i have missed OV this month or not! :wall: :doh:

Morning Sammy

Another High again.. I'm hoping this is gonna go the same way for you as it did for me :pray:

I remember googling this when it was happening to me and i found another girl who this had happened to and she got her BFP that month too :think:

Remember i tested with a Clearblue Digi and got a 'Not Pregnant' on a Friday (10dpo) and by the following Tuesday, only 4 days later, had a BFP so just because your cheapies are saying negative just might be too early

Cant offer any other advice just keep doing the sticks as machine asks and see how the pattern goes. Oh and keep Bd'ing like you never bd'd before lol :D

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry the sticks aren't giving you the result you want yet :hug: but as you say if you ov'd early it's still early days.

Keep bd'ing and I'll keep my fingers crossed you get a BFP soon :hug:

Hi Glittergirl... I am hoping and praying this is going to go the same way as you!!!! I remember being so confused at all the highs you had and could not understand it... I thought maybe the monitor might be duff but thats not common surely. THEN i saw your BFP and i thought, "ooh i wonder if that was why!" Since then my monitor did all the things it should with the normal highs, peaks and high then low BUT its driving me to insanity this month and i feel our closest neighbours might see a CBFM coming flying through their window at some point soon!!! Its six days of highs now. I have just test with an OV ebay cheapie and there is the faintest line but there but ive had these that faint even when i wasnt ovulating so i cant trust that. EC PG test is def BFN but its probably too early for them even if I was! The CBFM lines show a strong control line and the weakest (almost the most none existant line in the world) test line) I am frantically trying to google for someone elses results but it seems nobody else is posting with the same problems... i just dont know what to think, im really confused. At the moment we are BD'ing every other day... i dont know if to keep it like that as OH has low sperm count or BD every day. My head is caving in with confusion!!! :shock: :doh: :wall: :rotfl:

Oh BTW "good morning to you" Glittergirl.... how rude of me!!! :oops:

I'd still bd every other day if I was you because even guys with normal sperm counts need time to replenish their supply :D

And if I remember rightly from your post about your clinic, they'd testing him too soon after BD so the results would naturally be low so he may not have a low count. :hug: :hug:

Sammy I found the comment i was on about.
I had actually cut and paste it and e mailed this to my OH when i was really confused about what was happening with me. I still had it in my sent box. Not that it helps at the min but just wanted to show that someone else (other than me) had High's constant and they ended up being pg.

BC-DKNY
02-13-2005, 11:18 AM
hi carla....i'm sorry for all of your confusion.

as for the Clearblue Fertility Momitor...i had the same problem the first month i used it (as did a few other people i know). i have never not Ovulated (that was never my problem) and the monitor was "stuck" on high the first month. i KNOW i ovulated because i had all the bodily signs and i also had that nasty Ov pain to go by. the monitor never did hit the peak reading, but i know i Ovulated b/c that was the month i conceived my son.

How long are your cycles usually?

xxxxxxxxxx

Hi all... ill post later as just woke up and off out, i cant stay awake im so tired. got up at 8am this morning and back in bed by 10am - 4.00pm (our time) thanks for all your messages and thanks glitter for that cut and paste and to mrs metal for her support as well xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back