Clary Sage oil

Rosieroo

Reaction score
I have some (know not to use it until I am due don't worry!) but was wondering what to do with it.

I was thinking of making some lavender and clary sage oil bath bombs and also mixing with sweet almond oil and rubbing into my bump. Is that the right thing to do with it? I haven't got an oil burner.

I put about 8 drops in my bath every night, and have mixed some with almond oil to rub on my bump.

Recently I've dropped some onto tissue to inhale aswell.

I was expecting dramatic results with it but nothing so far!

hi

When i was pregnant with Joshua i was advised not to use Lavender Oil as it could cause problems.

can anyone tell me if this was right or not.

x

I am using lavender fragrance oil, not the essential oil, so I guess that is probably safer?

The information I found said not to use Lavender essential oil in the first trimester and not to use Rosemary or Clary Sage until the very end - as Urchin and Rosieroo are doing - as these can bring on contractions.

I have been told not to use clary sage until I am in labour??? Also when I was having reflexology the midwife asked how far gone I was before adding lavender oil into the water as she said that I was full term so it wouldn't matter so I guess that it has something to do with bringing on labour too. If that is true I will end up smelling like my nan after I have finished wallowing in it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back