Clary Sage Oil?

Momma`Kat

Reaction score
My family nurse came round today, and brought up Clary Sage Oil..

She basically gave me a warning of..

"You may have heard it helps induce labour, Stay well away from it till you are 38 weeks as it has been proven to be very potent, and has caused premature labour in a number of cases, Midwifes are constantly told to make sure they avoid it aswell as they work with pregnant women." :shock:

Anyone heard about it? I will steer clear for now.. but im thinking if its that good.. when I hit 38 weeks well damn I want some LOL :whistle::lol:

It worked for me but i hear it doesn't work for everybody. I put about 3x the reccomended amount in my bath 11 days befor lucas was due and he was born 9 days early. I must admit i had already had a bloody show previous to that so it might have been a flook xx

oh sod it,

gona go get some 2mo, try the evening primrose and the leafy tea stuff, if it doesnt work, then at least its been fun trying to evict the baby early :)

xxx

Never heard of it, just looked it up and it sounds like people use this in the bath tok relax them to help natural labour by not being stressed

I used it in my bath. I was overdue with jacob when i first tried it. I went into labour the same day. Again, could have been a flook seen as i was over due

I used it in my bath. I was overdue with jacob when i first tried it. I went into labour the same day. Again, could have been a flook seen as i was over due

Just seen your post now, I must have been posting same time Toon.

You must have really wanted bubs out to use 3x th dose then, or had you been on the bevvys! and slipped ha ha

I've got it burning in the oil burner in my room right now. I just thought it was relaxing?! Didn't realise it was meant to bring labour on?! Oops...

I'm going to bare this in mind for myself incase I go over my DD

I've got it burning in the oil burner in my room right now. I just thought it was relaxing?! Didn't realise it was meant to bring labour on?! Oops...

Looooool I'd have done the same as I would have thought it was just oil

good job your nearly there anyhow hun! phew , pls don't tell me you have been using it for weeks now!

I've mixed it with lavender oil because I heard it was good for pregnant ladies. Oh well, can't do any harm at this late stage!

I've mixed it with lavender oil because I heard it was good for pregnant ladies. Oh well, can't do any harm at this late stage!

So that's why you never sounds stressed and don't mind waiting for baby, your chilled out on that and lavender! I bet you sleep well on that too

ive been having a google, and apparently clary sage can give you a bit of a spaced out euphoric feeling aswell! To the extreme that apparently some people use it instead of gas and air!!

When I did my alternative therpies qualification, i liked using Clary sage, mixed with lavender. Not only relaxing for the client but i slept like a log afterwards too. Its good stuff, but a bit potent xxx

Just seen your post now, I must have been posting same time Toon.

You must have really wanted bubs out to use 3x th dose then, or had you been on the bevvys! and slipped ha ha

Lol no bevies coz I was pregnant lol. I had a cold and couldn't smell it so just kept dripping it into the water. OH hated the smell of it. I think it smells like black tea. It's very relaxing, I still pop some in my bath now when I want to chill out xx

It makes me feel really groggy and spaced out. I used it with Oscar, But also used Evening primrose, so god knows which one made him come earlier than my others x

I've put a bit in baths over the last two weeks (but prob only had a bath 3 times and only used a little). Last two nights ive burnt it in my room and slept right through. Just woke up now so that's 9 hrs straight sleep with not even a 'get up' for a pregnancy wee!

Funny enough, just ordered some which came in the post today. I must go and pop it away so that i can't smell it.
Some people swear by it and others said it makes no difference.
Both of OH cousins used it in a bath and went into lab within 24 hours.

ive been having a google, and apparently clary sage can give you a bit of a spaced out euphoric feeling aswell! To the extreme that apparently some people use it instead of gas and air!!

In the leaflet that came with mine this morning it states not to use along side Gas and Air, which with what you googled makes sense.

I ordered mine as a kit with lavender, plus hypnobirth cd and relaxing birthing CD. Try anything now to try and destress about birth. My theory is if i can relax then things will be less tense and less problems. I used a company called birthease.co.uk , I ordered late Wednesday afternoon and arrived in the post this morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back