clary sage oil? very confused!!

sheena287

Reaction score
Hi all! ive heard about clary sage oil can be used during labour as a natural pain relief but ive also seen some info on it being used to induce labour aswell, anyone know anything about it?? tried it?? does it actually work?? :think: ive tried googling it but theres so much different advice about it i dont know whats right! thanks everyone xx

All I know is that I had a bath with the blue Radox not so long ago and within minutes of getting into the water I started getting super strong contractions!!! Clary Sage is supposedly one of the most potent and potentially dangerous essential oils if used incorrectly.

Not needed at 32 weeks, and scared the shite out of me so I jumped out of the bath and showered off quick sharp! :lol:

Obviously I knew nothing about the stuff and discovered by accident, Clary Sage is the main ingredient in the blue radox and one thing is for sure, if I go overdue I shall be bathing numerous times a day in the stuff :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I would think if you are planning on using the oil alone that maybe consulting an aromatherapist first just to get dosages for bath/oil burner etc right.......upon questioning my bathtime experience with my middy she seemed to suggest that it is to be used once labor is established to speed it up........

C xxx

Hiya

I used this in the blue radox last Thursday night aswell as pineapple and pineapple juice and my baby was born the next day 5 days early! When i was a virgin vie consultant we had a dream range that we used that had clary sage and part of the training was to never allow pregnant women to sample it as it can induce labour - i think it worked for me!!

Good Luck!! x x

It's NOT recommended before labour.
It is possible to use it during labour if your contractions aren't regular or frequent enough - i used it mixed with extra virgin olive oil as a massage oil on my tummy when i was in latent labour - i gave birth a few hours after the 2nd use of it - i don't know if it was definitely linked but it could have been!

we were told we could use it during labour to help us but not before... i smelt the aromatherapy oil in boots the other week after being told about it (was thinking of buying some) & found it to be the worst smell in the world! I def wont be burning it to try & help me relax etc :puke:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back