Chr***mas Presents

HopesDreams

Reaction score
Ok, I know we're not technically meant to talk about Christmas in summer BUT I'm trying to be organised. I've decided to extend my maternity leave until March (3 months unpaid) so if possible, I want to get his pressies now while I'm still receiving mat' pay. O will be 9 months at Christmas. What kind of gifts did you buy your LO's when they were in/around that age?? xx

I'm doing the same with Birthday and Crimbo pressies as Friday is my last payday until December :shock: :shock:

So far I've got lots of boring bits like PJ's and socks (in a bigger size) but toy wise I've bought a few books. I like the "That's not my..." range and things like first word books

I've also bought these...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/VTech-80-64...F8&qid=1374674135&sr=8-5&keywords=v-tech+toys

http://www.amazon.co.uk/VTech-63303...8&qid=1374674162&sr=8-16&keywords=v-tech+toys

I bought this but think I'll give this to James sooner than his Birthday, it could be a good one for O for Crimbo though?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/VTech-First...F8&qid=1374674113&sr=8-1&keywords=v-tech+toys

xxxxx

You're right to think about it now and get it out the way.

This is the next thing I am thinking of getting Madison, or something similar,
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Baby-Einste...qid=1374674719&sr=1-1&keywords=Standing+table
You can get ones where the table part comes off and the can plat with it sitting up.

We have the v-tech walker and M loves it. I stand her up holding on most days to strengthen her legs and try to encourage her to pull herself up.

Love the table & push-walker. Thanks girls!
I'm a big book lover & O already has quite a collection since I've been reading to him since day 1. What I really want to get him is a Julia Donaldson collection. She's probably my favourite children's author & Axel Scheffler just makes the stories come to life brilliantly. I've seen the same collection over & over again but it doesn't have my favourite books in it. Does anybody know of any online book stores other than Amazon & The Book People? I could buy them individually, Asda is doing 2 for £7 but there are about 15 books I want! lol Hence my wanting to find them cheaper elsewhere.

I have no idea!!! I'm sure i'll think of something for Jack, i'm praying he's had his operation and is talking by Christmas so he can tell us what he likes. But poor Harry has everything e could want from his Brother!! I think i'll ask for next sized clothes from Aunties & Friends etc and let them have toys from us and their Grandparents x

We are starting xmas in September (my first month bk at work) reason being, Jacksons birthday is only 2 weeks after Christmas.

I haven't thought what to get yet, probably walking aid things like the push trolley things, clothes, tbh I'm jus gna head to ELC and prob spend a set amount then a couple big toys. People say don't go mad but as a mum you can't help yourself LOL

xxxxx

I've started getting some bits and pieces now as I've seen them and in the sales! We've got the tricky thing of Jules 1st birthday being 4 days before Christmas! X

Last edited:
I think we'll put money in her ISA and a little toy. She's going to be spoilt rotten by everyone else on the toy front.
I do want to get her a bracelet made from the jeweller who made our engagement/wedding rings - something simple in rose gold. That's something she can keep for life.
Xxx

That's a really nice idea. My best friend wants to get her something like that too x

I'm doing something similar babybee! Money in isa and a charm bracelet which I will add to every year until her 18th (!!!) Christmas and give her it then. Hope she's sentimental like I am haha!

Charm bracelet is such a lively idea! A memory of each christmas! Making me well up!xxx

Pieces of jewellery are so nice girls, especially the charm bracelet. Maybe I could force O to wear one!

Its harder to get boys sentimental gifts, or maybe i'm missing something obvious. :)

My brother got given my grandad's WW2 helmet, medals and pins.

Obviously that's a useless suggestion for you!

Sentimental for men is hard. Being Italian, men do wear jewellery but I know it's not everyone's cup of tea. In my family the sentimental boy gifts were usually a plain bracelet, ring or watch.

Xxx

wow, your brother's gifts are impressively sentimental babybee! so much history/stories steeped in those things.
I have no problem with men wearing jewellery (both my brothers wear a necklace) but I think that's for when he's older & I know what he likes/doesn't like. with girls, there are some beautiful, timeless pieces. you'll have to show me when you find the right piece. :)

Thanks HD! Both grandads fought for the Italian resistance as they were against the fascist regime so were awarded a kind of bravery medal. The stories behind it all are amazing and I wish they were still here to tell me more!

Totally get what you mean about men's gifts! Once I've got something made, I'll send you a pic. I have something in my mind but can't describe it.xxx

I'll have to live the girly side of things through you and E. :) Though, being a tomboyish country bumpkin like myself, a wee lad suits me down to the ground. lol

O is so lucky he gets to see animals everyday! All E sees is the occasional fox scrounging through our bins!xxx

As if they saw this thread, Zulily have a 'Christmas in July' section on today!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back