Money and part time working, it's long!!

Tilly

Reaction score
Evening ladies I hope everybody is well and keeping warm on these cold days.

I am sorry if this doesn't make sense and is very long and waffly but I just have to get down my thoughts as my head is spinning trying to do calculations.

I am dreading having to go back to work, I love my daughter so much and enjoy spending all my time with her and doing new things with her. I plan to take the full year off work even though this is going to mean us getting into some debt to pay the last 3 months mortgage payment. I know I shouldn't be starting this thread now and enjoying the next 8 months off work but I can't stop thinking about it.

I am currently scheduled to return to work 3 days a week, I would love more than anything to not have to return to work at all but as that isn't at all possible I really only want to go back 2 days a week. The problem is I really don't think we can afford it, I thought we would have more money each month than we actually would when I worked it out yesterday. I think it works out that we would have about £700 a month between us which only equals £10 a day each which I know my husband is not going to be happy with, especially once he gets lunch or goes out for the occasional drink. This would also have to buy clothes for all 3 of us!! My mum is going to look after my daughter and I haven't included any money in working out our finances to pay her so we would probably have a bit less than even the £700.

I am also finding it hard because my sister doesn't have to work and they always have lots of money and I don't want my lo feeling like she doesn't have as much as her cousin as they are a similar age.

If I work 3 days she will spend almost as much time with her nan as me and that upsets me a little bit although I am very grateful to my mum don't get me wrong. On the other hand if we want to go to all the baby groups then I need the money to pay for them but if I am at work earning the money then I can't go and enjoy them either (I told you I am waffling!!)

I also need to take into consideration we hope to start ttc around Christmas time so maternity pay would be low!

I just need to win enough money to pay off my extortionate mortgage and I would be sorted!!

If you have got this far then thank you so much for reading and does anybody have any thoughts or what would you do in my situation??

Help I am driving myself crazy!!

Tilly xx

Is that £700 after mortgage, bills and food? If so, that's fantastic! You can buy a heck of a lot of clothes and drink for £8400 a year!

I work 3 days a weeks and believe me you will still see your baby lots - you see them when you get home as well as 4 full days. I love having my own life as well as sharing it with DD. We meet up with groups on the 2 weeks days that I don't work and it is lovely. OH looks after DD while I work and he works part time too. We have decided to have less money and spend more time with our daughter.

I don't think you should worry about her comparing herself to her cousin. Yes, in about 10 years she may compare herself to them financially. Until them what will really matter is the relationship you have and how much fun she has with you - if you 2 have a more fun relationship it will be the cousin that is jealous. You can't make them the same so don't try to. Just enjoy your own lives :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back