cheesecake....

Anna Marie

Reaction score
Is it OK to eat proper home-made cheesecake??

My boss just bought me a massive chocolate cheesecake from "The Cheesecake Shop" as a Birthday cake [fortunately he did not try and put 37 candles on!!]

Have a sneaky feeling I am not allowed to eat it... as I seem to recall reading somewhere that it is a no-no for preggers women...?? anyone know if its OK to have a little piece??

It looks sooooooo scrummy!!
x

I am sure it's ok (how can you resist :D )
We are allowed cream cheese i am sure and it doesn't contain raw eggs or anything,oh go on a little will be fine :D xx

Im not sure. But have i missed your birthday if so sorry and happy birthday! x

Thanks Lmwarr.. its today but to be honest turning 37 is not something I am shouting about!!!!

xx

No, hun, I'm afraid you can't eat it. My midwife said you can't have cheesecake unless it's one of those baked cheesecakes. Sorry!! If it's any consolation to you, I really miss cheesecake too!

Hi

I just checked for you and found a lady who actually asked her doctor if it was safe cause she loved it so much and he said it was fine cause the cheese they use to make cheesecake is pasturised so go and enjoy yourself and Happy Birthday !! :D

Think i might go and buy one now lol xx

Dont be silly Anne Marie every birthday is worth shouting about your 37 and pregnant and what could be better! All the best for the rest of today and hopefully you will find another cake you can eat! x

Well thanks Ladies.. I am still not sure myself and so I will have a little piece and give the rest to my OH and mates later... :( :( :(

Lmwarr... yes I know I should be enjoying this birthday as it will be last "peaceful" one for a while !!!!! In my opinion we should congratulate our mothers on our birthdays.. after all they were the ones who went through hell to bring us into this world!!!!! :wink:

Good point! then we can use that excuse soon as well!

First of all...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :dance: :dance:

About the cheesecake...I take it there's no ingrediants on the box?
Have you thought about phoning the shop that it was bought from and ask them what it's made from....you only can't eat it if it's made from raw egg, pasturised or powdered is ok.

Hope you have a good day!!!!

Did you get anything nice?

xxx

:dance: Happy Birthday!! :dance:
I would want to eat the lot - I've had to send Dave out now to go and get one!
Hope you enjoy yours!

Happy birthday Anne Marie :D

On the subject of things we cannot eat is smoked salmon a nono? I have had cravings for it for a couple of days but I think I remember seeing it on a forbidden list.

Happy Birthday Anna-Marie :dance: :dance: :dance:

I have been eating cheesecake - Tesco do a yummy Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake, yummy scrummy :lol:

Xxx

yummmmmmmm cheesecake! OH is going to tesco now whether he likes it or not lol

skatty said:
Happy birthday Anne Marie :D

On the subject of things we cannot eat is smoked salmon a nono? I have had cravings for it for a couple of days but I think I remember seeing it on a forbidden list.

That's right, smoked salmon is a no-no, because all meat and fish has to be thoroughly cooked (that also means no parma ham - boo! - and all steaks have to be well done - no pink bits!)

Happy Birthday for yesterday Anna Marie! :clap: :dance: :clap: :dance:

I thought about logging on and posting a birthday message, but sorry, that's as far as it went because I'm still off sick and didn't have the energy to move!!

Hope you had a great day, and the cheesecake was scrummy. You've really got me wanting cheesecake now!!! I make a lovely baked double chocolate (white and milk) cheesecake with a chocolate digestive base and I'm really craving it now. Trouble is I've packed all my recipe books and shipped them to my mums ready for the move!! I can feel a google search coming on and then a quick trip to the local shop for ingredients!!!

Happy Birthday again! :D

Thanks everyone, I actually did not eat any in the end... my OH had rushed home to make me chocolate rice krispy cakes as he knows how much I love them [ah bless him!!] so I demolished a few of those and left the cheesecake to him and his friends who came over to take me out to dinner.

I did call the shop and they told me it was made with raw egg so it is a no-no but apparently the supermarket ones are fine.

Had a bit of a mare at dinner though.. ordered lemon sole but it arrived on the plate with head, tail and all the skin... I freaked out and was nearly sick at the sight and smell of it!! Fortunately OH had it and I had his pasta instead although after I had eaten it all my OH looked really horrified as he remembered it had gorgonzola cheese in it... now I feel really worried as that is defo on the no-no list too... am I being over cautious?

xx

Thanks Cloughie, I'm absolutely gutted though! Keep dreaming of thick brown bread, philadelphia, red onion and smoked salmon!

You should be fine with the Gorgonzola Anna Marie. Soft and blue cheeses are a no-no because of the possibility of it being infected with listeria. But, I think I'm right in thinking that the heat of cooking the sauce should have killed the bacteria. I think it's much more dangerous if the cheese is uncooked.

Thanks Tankett for the birthday message and for the reassurance about the cheese.. I have been really worried as LO has not been moving around this morning and I am now paranoid its cos of the cheese - will eat some oranges in a mo to see if that gets her going!!

The gorgonzola was in the ravioli so i am assuming that they were boiled at some point or at least heated quite well.. hope that means it was safe!

Enjoy the cheesecake... I am a crap cook.. have never tried to bake any kind of cake or dessert... I just end up with the supermarket ones.. especailly the cheesecakes!! Of course they taste completely fake but I love em!!

So are you still feeling very poorly???
When are you moving??? Did I miss a post about you moving? sorry if I did.. where are you moving to and when? before LO is born or after?
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back