Liquorice = Labour??

emilia

Reaction score
Does anyone have more info on liquorice? I have taken a rather large fancy to the "Panda" natural liquorice, but although the woman at the health shop thought it was ok to eat during pregnancy, I had read elsewhere that it should be avoided. Apparently could bring on labour?
It was cheesecake last week and now this...... help - have a pack sitting here and I'm desperate to rip it open!!!!! :shock: :? :( :cry: :roll:
Emilia xx

I have never ever heard that one?!!
I've heard of cheesecake because of raw stuff in it...but not liquorice. I've been eating since I found out I was PG. But then for someone who has been threatening prem-labour - maybe I'm not the best person to tell you it's fine? :shock:

Sami - just found this actually! I'm off to rip that bag open!! :lol:

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/1378652.stm

Emilia xx

cheese cake is fine if it's shop bought as it's parsturised, it's just home made stuff you can't eat :D same as mayo

cheese cake is fine if it's shop bought as it's parsturised, it's just home made stuff you can't eat
i have the world's best cheesecake recipe (no eggs, so you can eat it even if you are avoiding raw eggs in pregnancy, which i've been a bit relaxed about anyway! lol)

who wants it??

I found egg-free mayonaise in Tescos the other day, and it's not bad at all

mel xx

I WANT CHEESECAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

gimme gimme gimme Petchy :D

emilia said:
Sami - just found this actually! I'm off to rip that bag open!! :lol:

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/1378652.stm

Emilia xx

the link doesn't work sweetie - but enjoy your liquorice!! :D

Sorry about link not working... what it did say was......" a study has shown that women that do eat liquorice during pregnancy was more prone to going into labour earlier than the women that avoided liquorice.

About cheesecake - I'm BAKING my own.... not into fridge cheesecakes at all. Recipe sounds nice though.
I'm getting back to my liquorice now.... chow chow!!
Emilia xx

Petchy,

Please can you post the cheesecake recipe, will be eternaly grateful!!

Love Claudine xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back