Checking own cervix help

Lolipop900

Reaction score
Hiyaaaaa appologiies in advance for tmi !

I'm now 29+6 - second baby ... And have recently over the past few weeks had some really dodgy pains....I rang the doctor this morning and he advised me to check my own cervix for dilation as they were busy and couldn't get me in and I am waiting a call back from the midwife .... Obviously I know what my cervix feels like however I've never been "into it" before and when I checked - it's quite raised so not effaced but I can reach in and get two fingers inside and spread them apart a little....but not all the way in, just like to the bottom of my nail bed on both fingers .... Is this something I should be concerned about?? I rang the doctor back straight away and he was on lunch so I am now waiting for a call back from him too!
Throughout the entire pregnancy I have also had masses and masses of thick green discharge which I have been tested for numerous infections and all clear - but noticed while checking my cervix it has gone quite watery, and there was a blood tinged bit also when I wiped, not loads, but enough for me to see it was blood tinged ! The baby has been really low I can feel her under my pubic area down there since about 28 weeks .... I've tried my best to stay off my feet but when a single parent with a nearly 4 year old it's quite difficult when you literally have zero help !

Any advice or experiences would be appreciated !

Thanks in advance :)

I'm not totally sure they should have done that. I was told never to do it, however if be ringing your maternity unit.

Yeah I wouldn't be checking my own either just in case there's a risk of infection. However if you already have 1 child your cervix won't be completely closed. Please wait for the midwife or ring the hospital xx

I agree with the others, I don't think you should be checking your own cervix - ring triage and get them to see you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back