checking cervix

Layla

Reaction score
i have noticed a few people have said they check there own cervix.

someone said it in the TTC forum, think it was jacquidube
? and im sure sami said she used to check hers.

how do you do it? what are you looking/feeling for, i have no idea.

my midwife wouldnt give me a sweep today so i figured i might check myself if a few others do.

or is that a bad idea?

Well i have to be honest with you, i'm gonna have to try and do this without sounding horrible.

Try and get your fingers up as far as you can, at the top there is a lump/ball that is your cervix, you can feel if it is soft or not.

I read on the internet that it can't cause any infection to you or your baby when they do sweeps so i can't see what harm it does.

Good luck, let us know

im not going to do a sweep coz i would have no idea what to do, but i am going to check it and see if its soft or not, also, how can you tell if its open or not?

sorry i know i prob sound stupid but i have never done anything like this before so its all new to me

also....and im sorry fot this thread, it prob is way to much info..............is it 1 finger per cm dilated?

Hi Layla, have pmd you but didnt answer about the 1cm per finger. Yes you are right, it is each 1cm is one finger. I asked my sister-in-law and she said that is correct. She is a midwife. Hope you are ok.
Love Jacqui.x x x x

hi hun, i replied to your PM.

thanks for the info, i still dont understand it tho lol so i think its best to leave everthing alone and see what happens :)

xxx

doesn't sound like a bad idea to me, I dunno about checking the cervix, or if I could get there at the moment!! But a friend of mine has encouraged me to keep having a feel 'in there' when I am in labour........she reckons its really rewarding to actually feel how far down the baby's head is yourself rather than just take everyone elses word for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back