Checking own cervix for dilation.(TMI)

ButterflyBoo_x

Reaction score
Has anyone done this?

I randomly felt the need to have a rummage, and the opening of the cervix (that used to feel like a nose when TTC) was really soft like lips, and i could get a fingertip in, i didn't attempt anymore as didn't want to accidentally give myself a sweep or anything!

http://prepforlabor.tripod.com/id14.html

Think I'll leave this to the professionals lol. I'd be too scared id do some damage. :-s xx

Last edited:
After you have had 1 baby hun it never really closes properley. I think 1cm is classed as normal after having 1 baby xx

ahhh thats okay then! lol i don't want baby JUST yet! xx Its still quite high anyway :) Thanks ladies x

Don't think I have any idea where to feel! LOL I like to leave it to itself a lot of the time, same with perineal massages - there is no way I could do that and like Cazzlou I don't think I'd reach! :rofl:

I tried today after reading this.. and I could get a fingertip in too.. not far though as I couldn't reach further than just enough to feel that it was open enough for a finger tip.. first baby here.. could this mean I'll have him before the due date?

Not sure hun? :( the article i read said it wasn't very acturate checking ourselfs cause we don't know what were looking for? so not sure xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back