chat and latest pregnancy news

It was here. One of the girls posted it in tri 3. Hope yours is good :D

:wall: That's annoying. I take it they didn't do the survey in Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland? I can't seem to find any info.

How are your shingles? I hope you've been resting :D

Mildly said:
:wall: That's annoying. I take it they didn't do the survey in Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland? I can't seem to find any info.

they dont do surveys here cause all the hospitals are rubbish and if people really knew how bad they were something would have to be done, so they think what we dont know wont hurt us :roll:

shingles are fine, i keep waiting to be unwell but im just tired and have a really bad headache :oops: i had to take 2 paracetamol :oops:

whats everyones plans today, we usually take the girls swimming on a saturday,but i will just need to sit at the side :cry: cant go in with the shingles. Then maybe go for a mexican for lunch :D its a really horrible dull day here, its not stopped raining for days :(

babydust said:
Mildly said:

they dont do surveys here cause all the hospitals are rubbish and if people really knew how bad they were something would have to be done, so they think what we dont know wont hurt us :roll:

shingles are fine, i keep waiting to be unwell but im just tired and have a really bad headache :oops: i had to take 2 paracetamol :oops:

whats everyones plans today, we usually take the girls swimming on a saturday,but i will just need to sit at the side :cry: cant go in with the shingles. Then maybe go for a mexican for lunch :D its a really horrible dull day here, its not stopped raining for days :(

where about in scotland are you? after seeing this thread i was searching for scotland (Im aberdeenshire) and couldnt see anything :?

you are entitled to find out figures from your local hospital, i stay just outside edinburgh and the hosipital that i would have to go to only has a 20% unassisted birth rate, apparently its a baby factory, needless to say i'm seriously considering a home birth.

Ask you m/w about getting stats for your hospital.

yeh a home birth keeps sounding better at least you dont need to wait about to be discharged home and no one will tell you the do's and dont's, i remember the day after i had my daughter a midwife told me not to walk about with her :x :shock: i only walked over to the window :shock: i was told if i wanted to walk about that i had to put her in the cot and push that along, bloody stupid rules :roll:

surely no matter what the assisted or unassisted rate in whatever hospital is if you tell them when you go in that you dont want the birth to be assisted surely they have to grant that, unless of course it is really essential

They work to a time schedule, also to when there's a 'space' on a delivery suite. I know an independant MW who quit her hospital work because she was being asked why she was letting women 'relax in the water pool', or why she 'hadn't broke their waters yet'.. assisted is not necessarily essential, just a matter of the hospitals timing guideline, unfortunately. But it is worth knowing they will leave you as long as 'they allow', they won't just jump in and break your waters and induce you etc, they do listen to the labouring woman, or at least they should :hug:

I have just been through the two choices of hospitals that i have access too. One is a best performing and one is a better performing. They both have really good marks at all the things i consider to be the most important. But i am booked in at the better performing one for my scan and choice now i'm thinking about changing just from these results, even though i had a bad experience with my son in the best performing one.

What would you guys do? Do you think a few points are going to make all that difference?

MissSara said:
I have just been through the two choices of hospitals that i have access too. One is a best performing and one is a better performing. They both have really good marks at all the things i consider to be the most important. But i am booked in at the better performing one for my scan and choice now i'm thinking about changing just from these results, even though i had a bad experience with my son in the best performing one.

What would you guys do? Do you think a few points are going to make all that difference?

I have a choice of a better performing one that's a tiny bit further away or a fair performing one too, I'd be interested to see what everyone else thinks.

I think every woman's experience will be different. My hospital is classed as fair but I thought facility and staff wise it was excellent, I cannot fault anything about it, except I didn't want to be there :lol: I don't think these 'results' are necessarily how EVERY woman who laboured there felt, and so they are not true results, and until you've had your experience there you just don't know, it may be really busy when you are there, or really quiet, these things affect people's opinion of their stay.

This is another post that doesn't deserve it's own thread! I went for my booking in appointment today, they were running 20 minutes late and hadn't booked enough time for me! I've had to rebook my appointment for next week.

At least I got an long lunch break today and I'm taking the whole afternoon of next week because it was just too sunny driving back to the office this afternoon! :)

I can't wait to get the date for my proper scan! :)

Oh, and I've been feeling as sick as a dog... and really chuffed about it! :)

:wall: thats so annoying but i suppose sometimes these things happen :roll: hope it goes better next week. and :dance: for the sickness mine seems to be getting worse by the day :dance:

My sickness was really awful at the beginning of this week coupled with a migraine too! I have only had migraines since being pregnant :shock:

Hope we all feel better soon :D I'm looking forward to the blooming of tri 2 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back