pregnancy and weightcare

HelenJ

Reaction score
hello fellow ladies,

I just found out that I am pregnant with baby number 3 and would love to talk to ladies who are also very concious about their weight. I gained too much the fist pregnancy (I still need to loose some of that) and the second pregnancy I didn't gain excessively but this time I really want to be carefull with it. I am not trying to loose weight or be on a diet but being tired makes it hard because for energy Ican easily pop some sweets etc. I must be strong and stay healthy (for the baby and me). is there anyone doing the same and would like to support each other?

thank you so much in advance. xx

I am here with you, I was like an elephant with my first and refuse for it to happen again!!!! I am eating natural yogart and fruit for breakfast, salad or cuppa soup fr lunch (never been a lunch eater, then a big full sald, veggie dish for tea!!!! xx

I need to get on track, i've put on a couple of pounds having been in the US and trying to stave off nausea, need to keep a watch on it and be healthy too :)

I'm also trying to be careful. I'm a little bigger anyway so although I'm not going on any crazy diets I am trying to ensure that any weight put on during the pregnancy isn't because I've eaten loads of rubbish.

I started my preg less then 20 days after a mc at 12 weeks so i had already gained. At the end of this preg i will have been preg for 12 months!! My bmi is 30, im 40 yrs old and this is my 1st baby after 3 mc. At 26 weeks now and so far gained about a stone, so doing well so far, i think?! I dieted alot b4 my last preg with weight watchers so have a good idea about calories. In the beginning I ate normally with a fairly lower cal intake and didnt feel i was suffering for it. Now i eat normally but dont sub for diet things. For example i would have had low fat yogurt now i eat normal. Low fat milk now full fat. So not really eating more but have increased cals slowly. Still dont feel angry hungry. Still a long way to go tho!!

I put on nearly two stone before I got pregnant and really don't want to gain too much more, my bmi is still within the healthy range but since getting pregnant iv been getting an insatiable hunger for absolutely anything that catches me eye, they may have to cut me out of the house by the time my due date arrives :s

I too do not want to gain too much during my pregnancy and im trying to watch what i eat as much as i can right now. I have PCOS and stubborn weight is one of the lovely side effects i got, its very easy for me to put the weight on and twice as hard to get it off than the average person. When i had my first appointment with the midwife she made me feel a little crappy about my weight, im 5ft 10 and weigh just over 14 stone now i think with a bmi of 29.2. Its not ideal and i do all i can to get it off but its hard with a heart problem too. Anyway my midwife was telling me about this new program the council or something like that now offers in my area. Its with weight watchers or something and i think she said it was free during pregnancy. If your finding it hard to track what your eating and need a little help and support maybe its worth asking if they offer it in your area?

Grats on your BFP.
Maybe we should have a keeping weight stable during pregnancy club? :D

Grats on your BFP.
Maybe we should have a keeping weight stable during pregnancy club? :D

Thank you, just found out I lost my baby (with the ultrasound today) but if I do get pregnant aga I would love to join in.

So sorry to hear that Helen... massive hugs xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back