cervix help *panic*

Crinkles90

Reaction score
Hi ladies...

kind of embarrassed asking this very out of tune with my body!! I've never done the whole checking cervix thing but thought id give it a go... i know you're supposed to either squat or sit on the toilet so i chose to squat... i felt two bumps I know my cervix is tilted from a scan i had done a few weeks ago... but unsure if its a big bump if that makes sense...

forgive the tmi

i inserted the middle finger and towards the front if you get what i mean - there was a large bump quite low and quite hard i could feel it pretty much as soon as i put my finger in - a little higher up and more to the back there was a smaller bump not a small one but smaller than the one i felt first also felt quite hard...

another question is is it normal to have more than one bump?

Last edited:
Hey, didnt want to read and run, but I'm not too sure, the first one at the front the way you have been squating was it not your pubic bone and the one further back being your cervix?

I believe that first bump you are feeling is the vaginal wall. Mine sticks out just a bit and it can feel like a large bump when in the right position. The second one is definitely your cervix! I think you are totally normal! Hope that helps :)

For me, if I touch my cervix I have a different sensation to vaginal wall, definitely not at pleasant or comfortable. Also its smooth rather than a bit ridgy like my vaginal wall. A gynaecologist once explained it to me as like a short penis sticking down into your vaginal canal, and thats a bit what it feel like shape-wise - like the tip of a penis, lol.

One thing, when I started checking my cervix I noticed I had some pea sized hard lumps around the hole (I've forgotten the word - the os?). Anyway, I totally freaked out and convinced myself I had cancer but it turned out to be nothing. Keep feeling around up there and you'll get used to it after a while and work out what you're ¨looking at¨.

thank you for the replies ladies! I'm a newb so literally had no idea what to expect when it came to feeling the inside. il take it as the one at the front is my vaginal wall and my cervix being at the back.

baby dust to you all x

I don't know if you know this, as I've only just realised, that you need to check at the same time each day. I just had to Google it as mine has seemed like it's yo-yoing but that's normal apparently. Also just found a lump on mine too- thank goodness for places like this where you can find out what's normal before you get in a panicked frenzy! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back