Ovulation and cervix ?

surfgirl

Reaction score
Well today I feel a bit like hormonal like period is coming with slight cramps. I am quite sure I am ovulating as it is 12 days since last af. I am struggling though to understand my cervix even though I have read some previous posts about cp. Can anybody guide me as I would like to know for sure where the cervix is?

What I have discovered quite high up, are two hard round lumps on either side of another soft mass. Is this the cervix? Boy I must sound so dumb :oops: Thanks guys.

you don't sound dumb at all cp is the only thing i can't get! i have been monitoring cm and charting my bbt but i would be also interested to see what people say on this. :?

You don't sound dumb at all - Finding your cervix is quite hard at first - Lets not forget we don't really investigate in that area generally.
Once you find your cervix and are sure what it feels like - you will find it every time. Heres some info for you - Hope it helps:-

How To Check Your Cervical Position
Begin checking your cervical position after you have completed your menstrual cycle. When checking your cervical fluid or position - insure that your hands are clean and fingernails are not rough.

There are a few positions that you can be in to check your cervical position. It will depend on what you feel the most comfortable with. Which ever position you choose should remain consistent throughout the length of your cycle. Some women prefer and have no problem checking while sitting on the toilet - other women find it difficult to locate their cervix in this position during fertile time and may need to either squat down on the floor with knees bent and open or putting one foot upon the bathtub or toilet seat.

With one hand holding back the vaginal lips insert the other hands middle finger into your vagina. Move your finger up until you hit your cervix. It should feel like a rounded cylinder shaped mass within your body.

The position of your cervix will vary within your cycle. It will be low in the first phase and start to rise closer to ovulation and then will lower again after ovulation has occurred. When checking for the first time and are unsure what low or high should feel like, when high your cervix is almost unreachable with you fingertip.

Lotsa Luck! ~*~*~*~

Thank you! I'm sure I will get the hang of it. Like you said Rachael, it's not something one does everyday usually :D !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back