Anyone checked their cervix position when ttc?

LouiseB

Reaction score
TMI - Yesterday i was sitting on the loo, just finished having a wee, and i was curious about my mucus so i tried seeing if i could feel any - it was quite gluey like normal :( - but i happened to feel my cervix!

I was a bit shocked it was so low so it made me curious about cervix positions when ttc.

As it happens, it must have been how i was sitting on the toilet because when i got into bed i felt again and it was a bit higher like normal, but not very high.

I started googling about what cervix position means and apparently it can be high, medium or low. It can also be hard and soft.

High and soft = fertile and med/low and hard = not fertile.

Apparently if it then stays high and soft its BFP or if it becomes low then AF and although isn't supposed to be very reliable - i can't help thinking that i'm doomed for AF this month :(

I was just wondering if anyone had actually tried monitoring their cervix position and if it was accurate or not?

Last edited:
I wouldn't even know what to feel for? I had no idea, I've never heard of this before.I'm quite intreeged with what people have to say about it :)

Last edited:
When ur ovulating the cervix should b SHOW (soft,high,open and wet) in pregnancy the cervix remains high and shut. Hope this helps xx

I'm the same as you lrb!! Wouldn't have a clue what I was looking for either! lol

I think i'll stick with taking my pregnacare & agnus castus rather than prodding and poking myself! hahaha

Really hope it works for you though Louise! I think there's a few ladies on here who did it while TTC! :)

xxx

I hadn't actually heard of it either :)

I just googled after feeling my cervix when i didn't expect to - i was just wondering if it could be used as a indicator for anything useful :)

Ooh I'm in the camp of not having a clue on this! I don't think my ttc theory is very sophisticated now - I'm just going for as much sex as we want after AF has gone and hoping that I will OV at some point shortly thereafter!! No OPTs, no cervix testing, no agnus castus... perhaps I will change my plan if I'm still here in a few months!! x

Ooh I'm in the camp of not having a clue on this! I don't think my ttc theory is very sophisticated now - I'm just going for as much sex as we want after AF has gone and hoping that I will OV at some point shortly thereafter!! No OPTs, no cervix testing, no agnus castus... perhaps I will change my plan if I'm still here in a few months!! x

Noooooo don't want to go there, ever. I could be here til 2020 and i still wouldn't get into all that i don't think - stress is the enemy :) I'd sooner go to Malawi and buy a baby :lol:

Im always curious wondering if AF is coming so i have a poke round when im in the shower :) ha ha and mine felt odd....low and hard then bang AF arrived, but it does seem to change positions. Sorry if thats TMI xxx

Well it's not TMI to me haha :lol:

I've actually felt around a couple of times and it's gone pretty high now, can hardly feel it - but it isn't soft.

One article said that if it's hard it feels like your nose and if it's soft it feels like your lips and it made me wonder who comes up with a comparison like that :lol:

Don't want to be switching between touching your cervix and touching your face! :rotfl:

Last edited:
Don't want to be switching between touching your cervix and touching your face! :rotfl:

Haha!..i still dont think id know what to feel for, or not sure if id like to start doing that? How do u know to go straight up,left,right?

But anythings worth a shot if it means ill get my bubba :)

Ha ha ha ha you crack me up Louise!

Im gonna be blunt.....poke a finger up and have a wiggle, it sits kinda bang in the middle (if you ask me) or alternativly you could you tube it ha ha im sure there will be some nerdy video somewhere lol :) xxx

Loving how open this forum is - makes me giggle - great thread :)

I wouldn't have a clue about this? but i really hope this is your month xxx :)

But remember.....dont try and compare it to your nose or lips.....thats just gross!

Ha ha i think im high on something :) xxx

It will always be closed if you are pregnant...even if you have already had children your cervix will be closed though it may FEEL open it will not be. Seriously if it is open and you are pregnant then you will miscarry.

However, your cervix should rise if pregnant and become softer.
If not pregnant it should be relatively low and firm (though you can be pregnant and it be low and firm). It must be said that if pregnant not every woman's cervix will change positions at the same rate. Some women will experience their cervical changes earlier than others. Some changing before AF and others weeks or months after AF is due. So just because your cervix is low and firm doesn't necessarily mean you are not pregnant. Your cervixs is high, open, soft and wet during ovulation. After ovulation it returns to a low, closed, firm and dry position. It will stay like that until after AF (unless pregnant...though like I said before if pregnant you might not always see a cervical change).

this is what ive found bout it, mines hard and low i think??

Last edited:
Mine is........

..... so high i can barely touch it, but def feels hard to me.

I have a fair bit of cm in there but it isn't half as plentiful as during ovulation.

I read it's not very reliable though because, ummmm, your bowel content can push it down :oooo:

Last edited:
Ok, i read this and had a prod about. sorry tmi. I cant feel anything! Just soft walls of a tunnel (sorry cant think of a better description?) What should I be feeling? Why havent I got one? Is it just out of reach right now? or hiding round a corner or something? any further info? I am going to google for a picture now but v concerned mine has gone for walk.......... ;-)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back