cat TURNED UP!!! :-)

kmac

Reaction score
Hello

I can't go to bed as one of my cats is missing.

She went out the cat flap at about 1pm and hasn't been back since.
I know that is quite normal for cats, but not her.
She ALWAYS comes in at half nine to say hello and for a sit on my knee.
She has never been out for this long before.
I'm so worried :(
I just keep imagining what might have happened to her :(

DH went out earlier and had a look about. He has gone to bed now as he has to get up for work tomorrow.
I am considering going out myself but I can't walk very far at the moment.

The other cat looks a bit confused as to what's going on.

Sorry for the ramble but I am just sitting here on my own getting in a state

Our cat has gone on the rampage a few times before and to get her back we would stand in the garden, shake her bag of food and then call her name, worked everytime although it took a few attempts before she came back.
Hope she comes back soon hun :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks girls :hug:
I tried the food in the garden thing but it didn't work.
I am in tears now i don't know what to do :(

Firstly how old is your cat, how long have you had it and is it normally an outdoor cat?
You can add him/her to missing pet register online, phone rspca's, cat rescuers, vets etc. But if he is an outdoor cat you will probably find that if you walk the streets calling him shaking a box of food and just keep your eye out late at night especially before you go to bed you will spot him. He might also come home on his own. When my cat went missing for 4 nights last year i spotted him out of my bedroom window walking up the street after my OH had gone and knocked on someones door where he had been spotted. It took a while to get him in but once he was he was so happy to be home.

Check your neighbours for a few streets either way of your house and also contact your council to check the worst hasnt happened.

There have been cases where a cat has been missing for months, even years and still come home so never give up.

I hope your puddy comes home soon. :hug:

Oh sweetie I hope he came home and you got some sleep. It was cold and wet up here yesterday, perhaps he wandered into one of your neighbours garages or sheds and they shut him in? That happened to one of ours a few years ago. If he is not back this morning it maybe worth speaking to your local radio station - they will usually put out an appeal for you.

I hope he comes home soon :hug: :hug:

Jane x

No sign yet :(

I stayed up until 2.30 then i went to bed. Got up at 4.30 to check and now i am up again.
I will go out and look around when it gets light. the weather is miserable. and I can't walk very far at all - I am getting bad pains down below.

She is roughly 4-5 years old - we have had her for a year and a half, and she is an outdoor cat yes, but never away for this long. I'm really worried :(

Oh :hug: :hug: I bet she's got locked in somewhere - I am sure she is safe and warm and will re-appear once they get their car out this morning - if she doesnt do you have any neighbours children that would take around flyers for you? I would print something out asking people to check their sheds and garages :hug: :hug:

Jane x

The house 2 doors down is unoccupied and having massive renovations done to it. I went along to look in the windows, as I had noticed workmen there yesterday. There were 2 of them in a van outside, with keys, so one of them went in with me and I shook the treats box but no sign. They say they did see her in the garden, and while they were working they had the doors wide open. It's a right mess in there, floorboards up and everything - a thousand places for a scared pussy to hide. He told me to go back in the afternoon and I can look round again if she hasn't turned up. I was just blubbering away :oops:

Yes, hen, she is chipped! And she has a little casket on her collar with our details in it.

Aww hun :hug: I really hope your kitty comes back safely. I bet Jane is right, she probably got stuck in someones shed or perhaps even house if she is anything like my cats!

thats good so there is a good chance she will get back to you somehow :hug:
I really hope you find her hun :wink:

Aww hope you find her, keep us updated!
It might be an idea to go around to neighbours etc with a photo and ask has anyone seen her? Ring local vets & rescue centres, put a poster in your local shop... I think you will find this website really helpful http://www.catchat.org/lost.html I did when my cat went missing :hug: :hug: :hug:

aww the poor lil mite i hope you find her or she comes back soon, my pebbles is like that she never goes far from the house and is always back at night although sometimes she will go for a night, the other night we found her meowing in the neighbours garage so had to leave a note with the neighbours to let her out asap bless her

Still no sign :( and it's starting to really stress me out :( and i know i need to not get stressed because of the baby but I can't help it.
I have spoken to a few of the neighbours who are all going to keep an eye out.
I rang the vet and police - nothing reported or handed in, but they took my details and will let me know if that changes.
I'm so upset and i've got the midwife at half three.
I'm sure she must be stuck somewhere and the thought of that just upsets me so much. :(

Oh honey :hug: try not to stress - cats are very clever things, she will find away back I am sure.

I would definately recommend speaking to your local radio they are usually really good at putting out announcements about missing animals :hug:

Jane x

reallyoldmum said:
Oh honey :hug: try not to stress - cats are very clever things, she will find away back I am sure.

I would definately recommend speaking to your local radio they are usually really good at putting out announcements about missing animals :hug:

Jane x
awww hun i totaly agree with reallyoldmum (although she isn't old lol) hope you find your cat :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Ahh hun, i sympathise. I've got two cats, one sometimes goes missing for 3 days at a time, no idea where she goes, so i'm getting a little more used to it now but i still worry loads and go out looking for her until she comes home. My other cat never goes for more than a day and he went missing for 2 or 3 days a while back and i was soo worried, like you walking the streets calling his name, shaking biscuits, listening up to peoples garages!

You've done the right things, you've got a name tag and she's chipped so if someone were to find her they can contact you. If for any reason she's taken to the vets they will have a scanner and again can contact you. It's likely like the others say they have got locked in somewhere and will be let out at some point soon, or possibly she may have had a fright of some sort and are hiding away. Someone down the road was asking if anyone had lost a cat as she had one hiding down between her house and fence and had been there ages, I went round and got the cat out but it had obviously had a bad fright and was just hiding. It lived just a few doors away!

I know you'll worry until she comes home but cats are very risilient creatures and i'm sure she'll be home soon.

xxx :hug: :hug:

Thanks girls :hug: :hug:

Still no sign I'm afraid.

The trouble with the radio is our "local" station actually covers a stupidly large area.
I'm trying to be optimistic, and DH keeps saying she is most likely just closed in somewhere. She is a bit of a hider so I would expect her to make herself disappear if she got into someone's house then heard a noise. One of the neighbours told me she has found her in her conservatory before :oops:
I suppose that is the most likely scenario. The builders never came back to the unoccupied house so I will try there again tomorrow morning if she hasn't turned up.

I just feel so tired and can't stop bursting into tears :( and i'm worried baby is going to arrive before cat does!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back