car seats

annem

Reaction score
all of us seem really prepared for our babies!!

I was just wondering if anyone had heard/read the same. Some baby car seats are not tested and approved to British and European Safety Standards.

I was told the best car seat is a maxi cosi? xx

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/uk/2964450.stm this is one of the articles i found

I did not know that!!

Is a recaro profi plus ok?

Aren't there hundreds of brands on the market??? Like if you got one for the US it wouldn't be UK approved but you could pretty much guarantee it was better, what with the Americans and all their lawsuits....

I know you shouldn't leave an infant in their seat... That it's generally not a very safe place for them because of the position in which they are sitting and that it should only be used for car purposes.. If you are at home they should be taken out and laid down flat so that their lungs aren't compressed.

Squiglet said:
Aren't there hundreds of brands on the market??? Like if you got one for the US it wouldn't be UK approved but you could pretty much guarantee it was better, what with the Americans and all their lawsuits....

I know you shouldn't leave an infant in their seat... That it's generally not a very safe place for them because of the position in which they are sitting and that it should only be used for car purposes.. If you are at home they should be taken out and laid down flat so that their lungs aren't compressed.

You would like to think so but this article amoung others http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/uk/2964450.stm
states that some such as mothercare brands are not great!! :(

I have been told by someone who recently had a baby that if your baby has to go to SCBU for any reason after it's born, that the SCBU team will ask you to take in your car seat so they can put the baby into it and check the oxygen levels whilst strapped in. If the stats aren't up to a certain level, they will not let the baby go home and you have to exchange your car seat for another.

I suppose thats good but it certainly didn't happen when we brought Jonah home....

emma28 said:
I did not know that!!

i was just looking at these ones. i think they meet british stardards.

But in the article i added they say they some baby seats may meet the british startdards but may still not be that great in a crash :roll:

i just dont know which seat to get?!

maxi cosi seems the best??????????! xx x x

Squiglet said:

I read that UK law stated that baby had to be facing the seat itself and not placed at the passenger side. This means that if you and bubs are alone in the car you can't see them at all! Squig do you know if Spain has a car seat law?

annem said:
You would like to think so but this article amoung others http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/uk/2964450.stm

Oooo that's scary... !!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Pregnopaws... I don't think there's a law in Spain to say that kids have to be in car seats full stop :rotfl: :rotfl: Some of the way kids are bouncing around in cars when mothers come to drop the kids off at school is shocking.... I saw one women put her tiny baby (who was in one of those car seats) and just put the car seat on the front seat without strapping it in :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: As far as I am aware, under Spanish law, if your child is 130cm or 11 years old, they cannot be in the front seat of your car full stop.. My daughter just reached 132cm :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: So she's dead chuffed.

I was just wondering if anyone had heard/read the same. Some baby car seats are not tested and approved to British and European Safety Standards.

I did not know that!!

Squiglet said:

I have been told by someone who recently had a baby that if your baby has to go to SCBU for any reason after it's born, that the SCBU team will ask you to take in your car seat so they can put the baby into it and check the oxygen levels whilst strapped in. If the stats aren't up to a certain level, they will not let the baby go home and you have to exchange your car seat for another.

I suppose thats good but it certainly didn't happen when we brought Jonah home....

emma28 said:
I did not know that!!

i was just looking at these ones. i think they meet british stardards.

But in the article i added they say they some baby seats may meet the british startdards but may still not be that great in a crash :roll:

i just dont know which seat to get?!

maxi cosi seems the best??????????! xx x x

Squiglet said:

I read that UK law stated that baby had to be facing the seat itself and not placed at the passenger side. This means that if you and bubs are alone in the car you can't see them at all! Squig do you know if Spain has a car seat law?

annem said:

Oooo that's scary... !!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Pregnopaws... I don't think there's a law in Spain to say that kids have to be in car seats full stop :rotfl: :rotfl: Some of the way kids are bouncing around in cars when mothers come to drop the kids off at school is shocking.... I saw one women put her tiny baby (who was in one of those car seats) and just put the car seat on the front seat without strapping it in :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: As far as I am aware, under Spanish law, if your child is 130cm or 11 years old, they cannot be in the front seat of your car full stop.. My daughter just reached 132cm :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: So she's dead chuffed.

I did not know that!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member