Where can I get an old car seat checked?

jojo_2012

Reaction score
We've just got a new car I put Lewis's maxi-cosi car seat which is 2nd hand to begin with in but it seems to slide around the leather seats A LOT. Is there anywhere that can check it for me?

Halfords or a baby shop like mothercare might, don't know about it being g 2nd hand but you could always ask

it shouldnt be moving around hun, if its belted make sure that all seat belt is taut and there are no twists in the belt, follow the blue guides for where the belt should go, one across the lap and the other around the back of the seat. Ask mothercare to check it for you they will do.

I've never heard of anywhere checking them, as far as I know they say not to use 2nd hand at all. Not 100% tho. You could always fone Mothercare or Hallfords & ask, to save a wasted journey.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i work in a baby shop and if someone asks me to check a seat I will no problem. But I agree it is not recommended to get 2nd hand car seats.

Could u not pretend to buy the same seat and ask them to show you the fit??

You can buy a mat to put under the seat from Argos and kiddicare do a foam tube you can shove in the back of the seat if the seat is bucket shaped.

Halfords or mothercare should show you how it should be they don't need to know its second hand x

Sent from my beautiful iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Most seats are universal but not all seats fit all cars!! Halfords will defo check it for u!!! I have second hand seats! If they are from a trusted person family or friend then I don't c a problem! Yes u can buy a mat that it should stick to and also I came across something called a 'mighty tight' belt tightner!! It's fab!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back