ISOFIX Car seats

Countrybumpkin

Reaction score
I was just wondering, more so i guess for those Mum's that have already had a baby, are ISOfix car seats the way to go or not and why??

We are just upgrading my truck, as it is only a 3 door, which kind of got me thinking about which car seat and also, hubby is having a back operation in August which will mean 3-6 months recovery. So idealy i would like to go shopping (not to buy) but to right down all the makes and models of things that we both like before this.

Your thoughts on the ISOFIX car seats would be much appreciated.

I didn't realise you have to have the metal bits in your car to have an isofix base in your car!! Apparently they are only in cars from 2002 which was optional and are now standard in all new cars!! We have got a car seat that works with an isofix base but we just need to see whether our cars have the fixing in them as they are 2003 cars!!

We brought a travel system with a maxi cosi cabriofix carseat so as our corsa had isofix we decided to get the isofix base as it just clicks in and the seat just clicks into the base so no hard work involved :) then we realised our car was too small (my OH has to have his seat all the way back as hes so tall) so we are now getting an astra which also has isofix so we can still use the base :D

Tinkerbell86 your seat will have a tag or writing on the seat saying "isofix" if they have got it. If you go on your carseat make website they should have a fitting guide that tells you if it will go in your car using isofix :) x

We've got the Maxi Cosi Cabrio car seat and although you can buy an ISOFIX base for it we're not going to bother. There's only ISOFIX in my Aygo, my OH's Astra doesn't have it so it would only be used in my car. And when LO is with me on our own, baby would be in the front with me and when my OH is with us we'd use his car as it's bigger... The base would HARDLY be used in our situation so it's a waste of money x

We're getting an isofix base. My sister in law has a base for her car seat as it wasn't safe in her landrover without one. Hers in not isofix as the landrover doesn't have the fitting for it - but seeing how easy it is to clip the car seat in and out made me think it's def worth getting a base - and the isofix looks like best option. Also it's guarenteed that the car seat will be fitted properly if you use a base, with just a seat belt i'd panic everytime that i'd done it worng!!

thicko here :)

how / can you find out if your car has isofix, iv got a 04 plate clio n hubby a 55 plate vectra, i was unsure to if to get the isofix ones but also wasnt sure if there is any major differences for the price?

xxx

On our car, we have got little tabs that say ISOFIX on the back seats (that's the only place we have them in our car) x

apparently if you feel around in the back seats of the car where the seatbelt clips are there are two rectangular metal things which are hidden in the seats and these are what the isofix base clip in to!! i still have to go and rummage around for these - hence we haven't got the base yet - but the car seat is really secure without it!!

Thank you for all the replies, it is a whole new world when you are expecting and so much to learn, even when you have had lots of family and friends around with babies.
Picked up the new truck today and it looks like it has ISOfixings.
I think i am going to look into buying the seats, as they do look easier and more safer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back