Second stage car seats

She's already bought it and had it fitted, all from Halfords. I've got a Graco rear facing but he hates it so bad and to be fair it's now really tight across his shoulders. It's a bloody massive thing and so heavy I can barely carry it with him in now.

I think I'll just hold off her using it with him til he is the 9 months like it says on the label, I knew it must be both not 1 or the other!

He can sit, but like a few seconds really, he hasn't managed whole minutes yet bless him. Although I know his neck is strong, his back clearly still needs alot of strengthening.

Tbh he really isn't that interested in sitting lol, he just wants to stand allllll the time. He's a busy boy ya know, places to be and people to see lol

Thanks for your response xxxxxx

I had this issue as Lucy is just over 9 kg now but only nearly 5 months!! I wrote an email to the department of road safety/ prevention of accidents who said it's totally legal to put Lucy forward facing as she meets the weight requirement but they suggested waiting until she is 13 kg or when the top of her head reaches top of car seat (infant carrier). It's all to do with neck muscles and could be very dangerous if involved in an accident. I feel the same as u as Lucy hates facing rearward but am happy to wait another few months !! Sorry for lengthy post xxx

The lovely lady in mothercare said that you need them to sit unaided for 15 mins minimum and be able to lean forward, grab a toy, then lean back again.

She scared me a bit saying if they're put forward facing before they can do this and their back and neck muscles are strong enough, in the event of a collusion they could break their back. Not a nice thought.

Thanks Rainbow Dancer and Rayoflight.

He defo can't sit unaided for 15 mins, more like 15 seconds upright... but he can sit unaided leaning right forward, so he's almost bent in half? He can pick up a toy like that and then sit himself up. But he defo cannot sit totally upright for that amount of time.

Will wait and see how he goes over the next few months. I'm not going back to work until September and so if he still isn't sitting upright properly by then I will make sure my mum doesn't face him forward.

I'll wait to buy a car seat too. Tbh we don't go in the car much anyways, and it's usually short journeys so think I'll just put up with the rear facing for as long as possile.

Think I'll buy a mirror though that he can see me and vice versa.

xxxxxx

I have a mirror that fits round the headrest. One of the best things I bought.

We have a maxi cosi xp for our car, we love it. Its so comfy and AJ loves it.
We have a britax prince for AJ's big sisters car and I hate it. I dont like how it adjusts, the straps are always twisting.

:)

madison has that mamas and papas moto one! i love it!! we have two mamas and papas one , one at £60 and one at £150 and both pretty much equal imho,

have you lot seen the britax cowmooflage ones?? theres loads of them for diff stages theyre amaaazing! xx

we had a car safety talk with police and people at our mother baby group and they said its not about age at all its bout weight length and childs ability, madison was in hers at 6 months as she literally cudnt fit in baby one anymore xx

I had C rear facing until about a week ago, still in his 'big boy seat' but turned around. I wanted him to b rear facing for longer but his legs are too long now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back