Car seat advice

Mamas and papas do the cybex sirona which is rear facing. Don't know how that compares price wise tho as its about £400.
I went there yesterday and they're fitting service was great and they really knew they're stuff. Told me to keep Mia in her maxi cosi until she was measuring the tip of my thumb away from the top of the seat and that the head should not come over the top as its then unsafe. They advised the maxi cosi Tobi for the next seat as although its ff it's got so many good features which make sure it's fitted properly and you know lo is secure. They also price matched to mothercare so I got it for £121 instead of £199. I did want the cybex but as it has a massive protective bolster Mia wouldn't have liked it. They said if I had it from newborn it would have been fine as she would have been used to it. Highly recommend seeing them as they didn't try to push they're own brand or anything.
A lot of my friends have moved their babies regardless of safety advice which I think is silly. Mia won't be going in hers for quite a while yet as she's not even over 9kg bless her! Xx

Alyssa has been in her front facing car seat for a couple of weeks now and she loves it! The only thing I've noticed is that her head lolls more when she's sleeping in this one, so I got her one of these: Neck Cushion xx

Attachments

• DSC_01421.jpg
    DSC_01421.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 50
Tweety I'll be interested to hear what replies you get. I drive a wee Yaris & think its too small for an ERF. The RF carseat is already a very snug fit. A new car isn't an option. :)

I've got a KA (as seen in picture lol) and this seat fits beautifully. Very very hard to find seats for this car as the back seats are like half seats lol!! The one we got is a Nania trio xx

Mamas and papas do the cybex sirona which is rear facing. Don't know how that compares price wise tho as its about £400.
When we went to try out seats for Alex the people we were getting a seat from had just got one of those in to see whether they liked it enough to stock it. I don't know what they decided in the end, but they tried it in our car just to see whether it fitted (as apparently we have a very awkward car so they thought we'd be good testers :oooo: ) - it didn't fit because of the support leg, but we tried sitting Alex in it anyway to see how it looked size wise. He was only just 10 months at the time and already looked pretty cosy in it considering it's supposed to go up to approx. 4 years, and the design meant there seemed to be less leg room for him than in the other seats. It is also very much at the top end of seats price wise (ours was £365 but goes up to 25kg). Although, it did have a big plus - it turns to face the door so that you can get your child in and out more easily :)

When we went to try out seats for Alex the people we were getting a seat from had just got one of those in to see whether they liked it enough to stock it. I don't know what they decided in the end, but they tried it in our car just to see whether it fitted (as apparently we have a very awkward car so they thought we'd be good testers :oooo: ) - it didn't fit because of the support leg, but we tried sitting Alex in it anyway to see how it looked size wise. He was only just 10 months at the time and already looked pretty cosy in it considering it's supposed to go up to approx. 4 years, and the design meant there seemed to be less leg room for him than in the other seats. It is also very much at the top end of seats price wise (ours was £365 but goes up to 25kg). Although, it did have a big plus - it turns to face the door so that you can get your child in and out more easily :)

Well I have to say mamas and papas certainly didn't push it so maybe they not rate it either!! X

Just checked the besafe Izi Combi approved list and the ford fiesta is on there MK 7 2008 Cx

Just checked the besafe Izi Combi approved list and the ford fiesta is on there MK 7 2008 Cx

Yeah I saw that too - I'm very skeptical though as I struggle to fit in front of the first stage seat :lol:

I'm 5'8 so have my seat quite far back though

Tapatalking!

We looked into getting a ERF seat for our LO, we have a 207 (and a 3door just to make it harder!) the BeSafe seat fitted but there was no room in the front seat for a passenger. We did find one that is classed as a slim fit and there was room the Fair G seat and I've heard the Klippan seats are slim fitting too. We ended up with a FF seat as we realised trying to get our LO into the seat would be virtually impossible x

I'm swaying towards to the maxi cosi tobi at the moment. It looks like an ERF would be impossible. A maxi cosi tobi may not even fit my Toyota Yaris (3 door!)

We've got the Maxi Cosi Tobi and it fits fine, it fits most cars - my friend has one in her Clio x

Yeah I saw that too - I'm very skeptical though as I struggle to fit in front of the first stage seat :lol:

I'm 5'8 so have my seat quite far back though

Tapatalking!

In my car the passenger will be in the same position as me right up to the steering wheel.... Xx

See here is my problem, I have Aaron's car seat behind me.

The reasoning behind this is that if you are in a crash your natural instinct is to turn yourself away from the impact, therefore putting baby in the line of fire.

Now don't for one second think that I judge anyone who does it the other way - I was just told this by a traffic cop and its stuck with me (goodness knows what I will do when I have 2 kids :eh:)

See here is my problem, I have Aaron's car seat behind me.

The reasoning behind this is that if you are in a crash your natural instinct is to turn yourself away from the impact, therefore putting baby in the line of fire.

Now don't for one second think that I judge anyone who does it the other way - I was just told this by a traffic cop and its stuck with me (goodness knows what I will do when I have 2 kids :eh:)

I have never thought of it that way but it makes complete sense.... Thanks for that, I am going to switch it over.... It's a non issue because I don't need that much leg room x

I have always put O behind the passenger seat because I thought that cars veering etc. would hit me on the driver side & give him more of a chance. I never even thought of it how you put it Tweety.

It was a fatal crash scene investigator that told me and I can't put him on the passenger side now ... Just in case.

Hubby doesn't it in the drivers seat though with Aaron behind him which unnerves me! He's 6'3 and drives an A3 :lol:

Tapatalking!

I'm swaying towards to the maxi cosi tobi at the moment. It looks like an ERF would be impossible. A maxi cosi tobi may not even fit my Toyota Yaris (3 door!)

I LOVE the Maxi Cosi Tobi! I use it in a 3 door Fiesta and a 3 door Corsa, there's plenty of space for her legs and it reclines so her head doesn't flop forward as much when she's asleep.

I LOVE the Maxi Cosi Tobi! I use it in a 3 door Fiesta and a 3 door Corsa, there's plenty of space for her legs and it reclines so her head doesn't flop forward as much when she's asleep.

If it fits in a Corsa & Fiesta it's bound to fit in the back of a Yaris, right? They're similar sizes?

If it fits in a Corsa & Fiesta it's bound to fit in the back of a Yaris, right? They're similar sizes?

Yaris is actually a bit bigger I think x

Tapatalking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back