Car seat advice

tweetyfoo

Reaction score
Do we have more time with this or should I be getting a new one? I've become aware that I'm wedging him in

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372263400.130249.jpg

Tapatalking!

as long as his head dosent rise over the top and you can fasten the straps i think its ok, they usually have a height/weight requirement and its up to you but a lot of ppl wait til the absolute limit on both if possible, eg tho theres a 9kg limit to our seat i didnt move alyssa into her next one til her head was poking out the top of her baby one, you can also go down the ERF route and get a seat that still rear faces that lasts longer

It's done by weight I think, once he gets to a certain weight to put him in the next stage car seat, think its once they're 9kg, no idea what that is in 'real money'

I was told as long as the head isn't over the top is okay . The girls looked very squished into thiers for a whole but they were okay. Aaron looks very comfy :)

His head is nearly at the top we've it a couple of mm to play with. Out limit is 15kg on our seat and we are nowhere near that yet - was more worried about how close his head is to the top.

I plan on going down the Erf route - with impact shield but need to do some research as to where we can try one.

Tapatalking!

I moved W front facing when he was a few mm from the top, and his poor shoulders were squashed... We went to Edinburgh for the weekend and he cried nearly all the way there :( was awful... He slept the way home! Thankfully... After that we've always had him front facing. No more tears!
If your unsure pop into your local halfords or baby Center and they will advise you xz

Nothing more to add apart from how cute does he look???!!!! He's got loads more hair too. Beautiful boy xxxxx

Just a word of warning, unfortunately the 'trained' staff in places like halfords have very very limited information. I asked how long it was G was safe to be rear facing in a 0+ (which goes both ways) and was dismissively told - you turn them at 9months. When I explained she was already over a year I was told she SHOULD be forward facing already.

When top of his head is over the rim (I believe it's actually aslong as his ears are still below the edge) he's fine.

The pram centre at East Kilbride has a couple of ERF ones, although I'm not sure if they have impact cushion ones. Ours is a 5point harness from them. But it's very very roomy even compared to some other ERF seats and it was hugely expensive. Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

as long as his head dosent rise over the top and you can fasten the straps i think its ok, they usually have a height/weight requirement and its up to you but a lot of ppl wait til the absolute limit on both if possible, eg tho theres a 9kg limit to our seat i didnt move alyssa into her next one til her head was poking out the top of her baby one, you can also go down the ERF route and get a seat that still rear faces that lasts longer

Wss Tweety, C is close to the top and he is still in his Maxi Cosi but we are going to get his next ERF seat soonish and probably transfer him over Cx

We moved Amelie to Besafe Izi combi. Can be rear or forward facing but the law here is rear facing until 3 or 4 I think so she stays rear facing anyway.
(When I say moved her we got the car seat but as she is crying in it we still use the old one and put her in the other one for only short supermarket trips...little Madame)
Those next stage rear facing ones look weird and she looks uncomfy in it and when she falls asleep her head tips forward and I completely hate that. We tried 4 different ones same issue at all 4 as they kind of are not that reclined anymore when they are sleeping.
Once thy grow they suppose to be more aware and correct their head position in their sleep by themselves but yeah that didn't happen for us yet....

We are going for the Be Safe Izi Combi, other than those issues Hope have you got any others issues? Cx

I moved Ava over a few weeks ago she still had a bit of room in her maxi cosi but she settled better in the forward facing and I haven't looked back she loves going out in her new car seat far more than she did in her maxi cosi! X

Funny this thread popped up as I was going to ask something similar tonight.

There is so much information out there on what is and isn't the best thing to do and when LO should go into the next seat.
Like you I thought the "correct" advice was once Los head was poking over the top of the seat it was time to move on.

What is an erf car seat?

Tweety, what seat are you thinking of moving too?
x

Funny this thread popped up as I was going to ask something similar tonight.

There is so much information out there on what is and isn't the best thing to do and when LO should go into the next seat.
Like you I thought the "correct" advice was once Los head was poking over the top of the seat it was time to move on.

What is an erf car seat?

Tweety, what seat are you thinking of moving too?
x

Extended rear facing Hun Cx

Potentially stupid question alert.

We have the isofix base for the maxi cosi, will we use this with the Erf?

Tapatalking!

I think you can only use the isofix with certain maxi cosi seats. I have the family fix and it is only compatible with the cabrio, pebble and pearl (which is the one I wanted but is frot facing) x

Last edited:
Tweety the erf don't use a base

The besafe combi can be bought with or without isofix, but whenever you turn it forward facing, it is secured with the belt

Karate kid we have the combi and apart from it bring so big, it's great. It does recline on about 4 positions I think

A word of warning though- you def need to try then in your car as we found that we had to have the front passenger seat quite forward to fit it in rear facing, which left very little leg room

Mother are ( well certainly the larger ones) now stock the besafe combi

Oh and the correct information is that babies do not need to be moved until their head starts poking above the top of the seat- it doesn't matter if their legs are squished!

Arragh can see this being a nightmare. Hubby can't fit in front of the car seat as it is :wall2:

It's all very confusing, need to do some research I think

Tapatalking!

His head is nearly at the top we've it a couple of mm to play with. Out limit is 15kg on our seat and we are nowhere near that yet - was more worried about how close his head is to the top.

I plan on going down the Erf route - with impact shield but need to do some research as to where we can try one.

Tapatalking!

I think there is only one place in Scotland that does them, and its Glasgow! I cant remember where though.....

if you find others, let me know. We are planning this too. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back