Car seat question!

Full of hope!

Reaction score
Jacob is now in his forward facing car seat which is currently in the back of my 3 door Punto. Thing is that since being pregnant i've had a bad back and climbing into the back of the car to put him in his car seat isn't helping :(

So.... is a baby legally allowed to sit in a forward facing seat in the front of the car? :think: I am able to turn my airbag off in the passenger seat so that's not a problem. It's just that it would be so much easier than putting him in the back of the car! Obviously his safety comes first so if it's not recommended or legal then i'll just have to keep taking the painkillers :lol:

Not sure about legal there but the safest place for baby in a car seat is in the back. Even more so if forward facing I'd think.

I'm a back seat car seat person personally. I don't go for car seats in the front passenger at all mainly because of safety. It makes things a bit of a pain sometimes if LO cries or something but tbh he has soon learnt to settle well and doesn't really fuss anymore.

We got rid of our 3 door car and stuck with a 5 door when baby came along. I've done 3 door when nannying and know what a PITA it is. Hated it so decided to avoid having that problem with my own.

Yeah they can go in the front with no airbag. I much prefer having Angel in the front with me so i can keep an eye on her. She's safe and secure. I'd never put her at risk. But i panicked in the early weeks coz she was delivered so quick that her lungs didn't have time to close, so we had a fair bit of vomiting due to the mucus. She had a couple of sessions where i had to pull over and lean her forward. Scares me.

I have him in the front of my clio, its to much hasstle to get him in the back, I turn off the airbag, and the 2005 clio has a 5 star NCAP raiting for safety. But I am buying a 5 door new astra so when hes forward facing he can be in the back. I would not like him in the front forward facing. But thats just me.

I had Finlay in the front in his rear facing seat of my 3 door 106 and he was fine. It didn't have a passenger airbag but as long as you turn it off it is ok. But you may need to check you insurance then as sometimes switching it off can invalidate your loicy and you will have to tell them you have switched it off. Oh I also used to take my nephew in the front in his front facing car seat.

I liked having him there - especially since it was usually just me in the car and i could keep an eye on him.

Also we were in a car crash and he was fine in the front - if he had been in the back I wouldn't have gotten him out. My car was a cat B write off as well.

Now I have a 5 door and it is much easier but I wasn't planning on selling my 106 at all - some idiot decided for me that I was to get rid of it.

I used to have a 3 door punto too & had Freya in the car seat in the front with the airbag off, its fine for them to be there, loads of people have their babies in the front with them.

I've just got a new picasso so Freya's now in the back - its such a pain in the arse when she spits her dummy out or drops a toy, need to invest in one of then toys for the back of the seat!.

:hug: :hug:

I have a 3 door to! :D Ryans always been in the front with me

Thanks for your replies :)

I have always had Jacob in the front with me in his infant carrier (rear facing) but now he's in his forward facing car seat. Anyway, i've decided that I don't want him forward facing in the front of the car now, I just think he'll be safer in the back!

Thanks for your help :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back