Car seat advice

I'm swaying towards to the maxi cosi tobi at the moment. It looks like an ERF would be impossible. A maxi cosi tobi may not even fit my Toyota Yaris (3 door!)

I LOVE the Maxi Cosi Tobi! I use it in a 3 door Fiesta and a 3 door Corsa, there's plenty of space for her legs and it reclines so her head doesn't flop forward as much when she's asleep.

If it fits in a Corsa & Fiesta it's bound to fit in the back of a Yaris, right? They're similar sizes?

Yaris is actually a bit bigger I think x

Tapatalking!

Ha! You'd never think it trying to hawk O in & out....sack of spuds. lol

Tweety I never thought of that re where to the car seat! I have M behind the passenger seat and someone (can't remember who or when) said that it was the best place to put them! Will get her moved I think.

I am going for the Maxi Cosi Pearl as it is compatible with my isofix I will also need another one for ohs car as I really don't like switching the car seat about, it's such a faff! x

The most protected place to put them is actually the middle.

I am a cpst, or I was until we left England, the photo of the ten month old forward facing further up this thread has haunted me since I saw it the other day.

Nine month old comparison, ff vs rf

The most protected place to put them is actually the middle.

I am a cpst, or I was until we left England, the photo of the ten month old forward facing further up this thread has haunted me since I saw it the other day.

Nine month old comparison, ff vs rf

The safest place is the middle for both forward facing & rear facing carseats?
Are forward facing just a massive no no?
If I had known you were a cpst i would have tortured the life out of you before now!

The middle seat of our car has only a lap belt therefore it cant secure our car seat properly :(
No idea what my yaris has but doubt its a 3 point seatbelt.

Middle rear seat is the safest place for both forward and rear facing seats because it is the place furthest from impact in the event of a crash. If you have two children you should put the least protected by car seat in the middle and the most protected on the side. Generally as the children age through car seats they are protected less, an infant bucket seat offers more protection to a baby than a booster seat offers to an older child. So the infant goes on the side and the older child in the middle.

For me, forward facing is a massive no no. My baby will stay rear facing for as long as I can find a seat that supports that, the "they are squashed" thing doesn't wash at all, a squashed baby is far easier to fix than one with a broken neck. There is a ton of research showing how much safe rear facing is than turning a baby around.

Hopes, I'd be happy to be bugged :)

Other Hope, it is such a shame that cars are still manufactured with just the lap belt in the middle. I think in America every new cra has to have the full shoulder belt in the middle now, hopefully the rest of the world catches on and does the same soon.

Does that apply when using an isofix? The video simulates use of a seatbelt in a car.
The are no isofix anchorage points in the middle seats of my car.

Tweety I never thought of that re where to the car seat! I have M behind the passenger seat and someone (can't remember who or when) said that it was the best place to put them! Will get her moved I think.

I am going for the Maxi Cosi Pearl as it is compatible with my isofix I will also need another one for ohs car as I really don't like switching the car seat about, it's such a faff! x

I have the Maxi Cosi Pearl that is used with my isofix behind the passenger side...! We love it.

When our Carbio Fix was rear facing, and in the isofix base the passenger had no room at all, I had to sit with my legs at an angle because it took up so much room. And no way could I have driven with it behind me :-0 we have a golf so it's not exactly small, and it's a very sturdy car and I'm only 5ft 6.
I think the current recommendation is to put a child's seat behind the passenger seat because its the place in a car with the least % chance to be crashed into... My OH works in a car bodyshop so e knows a lot about cars and accidents!
But everyone has different views and there's no right or wrong place/seat to use... Aslong as its correct for there age, weight and there fastened in correctly. If forward facing car seats were so dangerous I'm sure they wouldn't be in use in Britain.
I think it's just whatever your comfortable with...! And your own personal preference...!

I have already thought about if we have another which child would you put in which seat :-/ xx

Think I'm going car seat hunting today.

Determined to get a Erf seat!

Tapatalking!

My understanding from the little I've read is that the middle is the safest place (provided you have a vehicle with the correct anchorage there) because of side impacts. If you can't use the middle, the advice is to put the baby behind the passenger seat because this will generally be at the curb when you park on the road, so it will be safer to get the baby out.

The evidence in favour of ERF is irrefutable.

Yes, rear facing is still safer even if you are usng isofix/latch. Am typing from my phone but will come back later.

A simple rear end bump at a roundabout at a slow speed can stretch a babies spinal cord irreversibly if they are forward facing, a baby in the same crash, same seat, same install but rear facing is cushioned from the impact and their head cannot snap forward.

I would always recommend rear facing for as long as possible, the car sat may cost more, it may be a pain to have the seats pushed forward, etc., but what price knowing you did everything to protect your baby in the (hopefully very unlikely) event of an accident.

But I am not going to get preachy or judgy, we are all mums doing our best after all. But rear facing is safer, no question.

Tweety good luck with the car sat hunt.

Last edited:
I'm swaying towards to the maxi cosi tobi at the moment. It looks like an ERF would be impossible. A maxi cosi tobi may not even fit my Toyota Yaris (3 door!)

I LOVE the Maxi Cosi Tobi! I use it in a 3 door Fiesta and a 3 door Corsa, there's plenty of space for her legs and it reclines so her head doesn't flop forward as much when she's asleep.

If it fits in a Corsa & Fiesta it's bound to fit in the back of a Yaris, right? They're similar sizes?

Yaris is actually a bit bigger I think x

Tapatalking!

Ha! You'd never think it trying to hawk O in & out....sack of spuds. lol

is to Tobi not forward facing though?

Tweety, if you see a Maxi Cosi Mobi on your travels, can you try it in your car? I have a 2008 3dr Fiesta and that is the one we were looking at, but cant get it anywhere up here! xx

there is a Besafe stockist near us! (well an hour away anyway). The isofix one is listed at £500 on Amazon, and only (only! pah) £350 on securatot.

would like to know if the isofix one can be fitted RF using seatbelts in a non-isofix car??

i wonder how much it is to get isofix points installed on my car.......... prob cheaper buying 2 bloody seats.

The besafe isofix can only go on isofix cars.
So if you have a car with isofix and one with not (as we do ) you have to get the no isofix one and fit it with the belt in both cars

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back