Can't Sleep - Getting Really Fed Up

DebbieM

Reaction score
Last night was my 3rd night in a row of having barely any sleep and I'm getting really fed up with it now :(

I feel moody this morning and just know today is going to be "one of those days".

I NEED to sleep. Anyone got any tips or suffering the same? There is no reason for me not to sleep.. ie, worrying etc, I just can't!!!!

Oh, and I feel like I'm back to weeing every hour too :(

Oh hon,
Thats crap.

:hug: sorry to hear.

Have you tried all the usual things...
like a hot milky drinks (not good for us pregnant ladies actually...)
taking a book to read in bed... and reading it till u feel tired?
Do you get much outdoor excerise in the day... walking the dog and stuff? Maybe do a long walk, see if it tires you out.. and fall asleep ?

Lots of sex?? :lol:
matt you're needed!!

Poor thing, hope you get some :sleep: tonight.

Count sheep?

I feel moody this morning and just know today is going to be "one of those days".

I'm going to spend the day in the shed. :hug:

I have to be careful what I eat/drink at bedtime as I suffer quite badly from acid reflux (which can also cause very bad nights for me). We watch TV until I can't keep my eyes open (The Simpsons, so nothing that really gets me thinking to keep me awake all night). Last night we went for a walk around the city centre to see the Xmas lights again so we'd had plenty of fresh air, however, the pain from SPD is also another factor in keeping walking etc to a minimum and having to get up every hour each night isn't helping that.

As for sex.. pfft. Not enough energy LMAO!

I might try reading tonight though.

I feel like I can't win no matter what I do right now... :(

I think I get acid reflux... (even before I was pregnant!!) so sympathise with you there....
Was about a small hot soup.. cream of chicken or something that might not burn and hurt?
When I get home from work, I actually try not to drink ANYTHING untillI go to bed, to stop me 'toilet-ing' all night...
Last night I was up reading till about midnight (i get up at 6 for work) and it does help me sleep.. I LOVE going to sleep with book in hand and light on.. OH gets a little peeved that the bedrooom light is still on at 4am .. but who cares!! :rotfl:

Also.. Lavender spray your pillows... (are we allowed lavender) OH says it helps him sleep.. doesn't help me, I think its rubbish, but it does help him...

Good luck
x

SuziQ said:

Why can't we have a hot milky drink??

If I can't sleep i usually listen to the TV or put music on and i nod off in no time.

Ooh, I don't think soup would be a good idea for me. I'd be up all night lol. Acid reflux is different to heartburn, it's much more painful and the pain actually radiates through your back, abdomen, arms etc. It's flippin horrible.

I'm going to try reading. I have a book I've been wanting to read for a while anyway - well, several actually LOL!

Emma58 said:
SuziQ said:

Why can't we have a hot milky drink??

If I can't sleep i usually listen to the TV or put music on and i nod off in no time.

U can have hot milky drinks.. but just before you go to bed, would mean that I, for one, would be getting up and going to the loo loads :)

x

I did in fact make a hot milk for myself the other night, but I managed to burn the milk as I was in a hurry and stuck the hob on high :?

I'll do it in the microwave tonight.

I can totally sympathise hun :hug: Im another insomniac but I actually slept last night!

I've tried so many things....these seemed to have worked...

Last night I put the heating on about an hour before I planned to go to beddybyes as heat always make me :sleep: changed the quilt so my bed was all lovely soft and fresh - I iron all the covers too but this isnt necessary lol and do this once or twice a week...OCD ALERT, had a nice bubbly bath, put my fave pj's on, had a glass of milk, took my book upstairs and by the time Id got in bed I merely looked at my book sitting on the bedside table and I was fast asleep! I did wake up at 5am having nightmares though about being abducted by murderous hillbillies but I still managed to sleep for a good solid 6hours which is an achievment :)

x

I reckon a nice bath followed by a mug of nicely warmed milk and a magazine should do the trick.

I'll do the milk for you. ;)

debs u know im the same , ive gone the whole night without even dropping off once :x

doc just gave me this adivce

30 min walk ( even with spd) , nice warm bath , no tv an hour before bed , read a mag/ book instead , and if u do have thoughts in your head ( i do when i cant sleep) write them down on a peice of paper next to you

i too was up every hour last night , hence im home already :shhh: i sooo want a nights sleep its unreal ! even a night with only 1 loo stop and sleep till my alarm at 6.30 would be good :rotfl:

I feel so fed up about it. I know it's just one of those things but I feel in such a p****d off mood today. I don't even want to speak (poor Matt - sorry). I'm starving and can't even be bothered to get something to eat.

What a misery I am!!!!!! Someone slap me :(

i'll slap you if you'll enjoy it :wink: :rotfl:

go get a cuppa , u must of got that new cd by now ? put it on , and relax . were allowed to have shittey days :hug:

I do have the CD, but you know what.. I can't even be bothered to listen to it. I got it a week ago now and it's been the last thing on my mind. Had a very quick listen whilst I did my hair on Sat morning but other than that I've not even looked at it again! That's SO not like me and I need to learn all the sings before the concert in 2 weeks LMAO.

midna said:
Tegala-7thMarch08 said:
midna said:
DebbieM said:
I feel like I can't win no matter what I do right now... :(

...cant wait till seed arrives night time sleep will be easy. :D

hehehehehehe you keep thinking that midna :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I dont have to I know lol ...ahh youll be eating these words in a few months :D ...loooool

No sh*t.... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I just spent the night vomiting because of the gallon of acid I'd obviously secretely drunk in my sleep not to mention feeling like someone had snapped my pelvis in half... then the gazzillion pee trips which felt like I'd been stabbed because I couldn't walk through the pain...

Ahhhhh to have a newborn baby and my body back again... That's bliss.... :D And Tia used to feed every half hour to an hour all night too... so... easy.. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back