can't quite believe it

inky

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This is my first post, and first pregnancy. I found out yesterday via 2 positive home test kits that I'm pregnant. I had a feeling I might be, my breasts are SO sore and they've been getting in the way in bed at night! I'm irritable, nauseous and generally feeling rundown and rubbish.

Whilst OH and I weren't actively trying, we weren't actively not trying either, if that makes any sense? I came off the pill about a year ago and when nothing happened we just kind of accepted it. We agreed only a couple of weeks ago that perhaps it just wasn't the right time, and if nothing has happened in a couple of years time then we would investigate further. I haven't told him about the tests yet, but I know he will be happy after the initial shock, he loves babies and dotes over his nephews and his cousins kids, so I'm not worried about telling him.

My problem is that I can't quite accept the results, I go from convincing myself they were wrong, to thinking no, they can't be wrong, and am just feeling horribly confused about everything. I'm having trouble putting this into words to be honest, I just can't get my head around things.

I'm guessing this is probably normal, but every girl I've known has been so excited straight away, but I just don't feel it's real!

Did anyone else feel like this? If so, when did it really hit home?

Sorry if i sound like a looney, I'm really not! This is so unlike me!

Congrats to everyone expecting here, and good luck to those TTC!

It felt good typing all that if nothing else!

Thank you

:wave: Welcome to the forum

I think what you are describing sounds normal. I think it didnt really seem real to me with my last baby until I had my first scan. It took even longer this time I dont think it hit me properly till my 20 wk scan! :lol:

:wave: Welcome to the Forum hun :)

All sounds about right and very real :D

Good luck in your pregnancy and look forward to chatting :)

Welcome to PF hun, and big congrats! How you're feeling is totally normal :hug:

Totally normal! I've known for over a week now and I keep thinking Ive made a mistake somehow, I think its hard to 'feel' pregnant early on, its so similar to having PMT! Good luck telling your OH, I'm sure that will help it feel more real. I reckon it might sink in more for me when I have my first scan :) good luck! xx

:wave: completely normal feelings hun xx U have come to a good place for any advice xx

:wave: Welcome to the forum, and congratulations! I agree it's completely normal not to feel like it's real at first - wait until you're constantly being kicked from the inside! :cloud9:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
I was very similar to you, i was worrying my tests were wrong, i ended up doing 6 over 3 days until OH put a stop to that. :)

Hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months xxx

Hi, I did six tests!
Was led in bed this morning after a mid morning snooze and thought i'm pregnant, i'm actually pregnant ( I have known for 4 weeks)!!! It really lifted my mood as i've been on edge and rather moody, so i'm hoping it has finally sunk in and i can enjoy my pregnancy more. I have also told a few close friends which i think has made reality more real!

That is great! I hope its a lovely experience for you from now x

Well, I did another test with OH this morning and it came up positive again, cue boyfriend deliriously happy but also in complete shock - he's gone into panic mode now lol

Will tell parents and in laws on Christmas Day, should be a nice present for them! I'm going to tell my best friend tonight - we're supposed to be having birthday drinks so I need to tell her why I won't be joining in with the cocktails!

I think it will take me a while to get my head round things, it's good to know I'm not the only one mega confused though :)

Thanks for all your comments
xxx

Hello Everyone I am a new mum to be and also new to this forum!!

I am just dying to talk to someone in the same situation as me :D

So far only my parents and the OH's parents know that we are expecting

We are going to tell the rest of the family on Christmas day just like INKY :) I'm really not sure how they are going to take it and even more worried that they might say something negative :(

I am so glad that the things I am feeling and going through are mutually felt with so many lovely ladies on this forum X

Hi Kirstiexxxlea,

Congratulations!! We've actually just decided to drop everything and drive over to both sets of parents this evening, we can't wait to tell them!!

Best of luck to Kirstiexxxlea and everybody!
x

Thank you Inky!

That's brilliant! Congradulations and the very, very best :D

x

its normal if it hasnt kicked in yet, i havent and im 23 weeks! even at my 20 week scan i still didnt believe it. unless ur weird like me :lol:

with my first i definatally felt pregnant and took a test near enough 2 weeks before i was ment to and i think ended up taking 7 tests only one came up negative the first responce the first one i took all the clear blue and poundland were positive - although i have two kids now and it still dont feel real lol sometimes i get the omg im so blessed im a mum with two beautiful kids!!! surreal moments lol x

Hi everyone,

This is my first post, and first pregnancy. I found out yesterday via 2 positive home test kits that I'm pregnant. I had a feeling I might be, my breasts are SO sore and they've been getting in the way in bed at night! I'm irritable, nauseous and generally feeling rundown and rubbish.

Whilst OH and I weren't actively trying, we weren't actively not trying either, if that makes any sense? I came off the pill about a year ago and when nothing happened we just kind of accepted it. We agreed only a couple of weeks ago that perhaps it just wasn't the right time, and if nothing has happened in a couple of years time then we would investigate further. I haven't told him about the tests yet, but I know he will be happy after the initial shock, he loves babies and dotes over his nephews and his cousins kids, so I'm not worried about telling him.

My problem is that I can't quite accept the results, I go from convincing myself they were wrong, to thinking no, they can't be wrong, and am just feeling horribly confused about everything. I'm having trouble putting this into words to be honest, I just can't get my head around things.

I'm guessing this is probably normal, but every girl I've known has been so excited straight away, but I just don't feel it's real!

Did anyone else feel like this? If so, when did it really hit home?

Sorry if i sound like a looney, I'm really not! This is so unlike me!

Congrats to everyone expecting here, and good luck to those TTC!

It felt good typing all that if nothing else!

Thank you

coming from a bloke's perspective I feel the same - very excited but surreal like it might all be pretend. may be to do with the fact that its our first one too. i guess once you've had one you know the routine better.

Congratulations :)

I was the same, I think I did about 7 tests in all. I just couldn't bring myself to believe the results. It will eventually sink in though xx

I think I'm getting there now, I certainly feel pregnant lol, nauseous, sore boobs, absolutely knackered, all fun and games hey?! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back