Can you tell baby's possition by using doppler?

Natasha+1

Reaction score
Hi there,

As some of you may have read on a separate post, my mw told me just under 2wks ago that my baby was breech and that I may have to have a C-Section if it doesn't turn, so since then I have been trying the gym ball, sleeping on my left and all kinds of possitions to get it to turn.

A few nights ago, and again tonight I used the doppler to find the heartbeat, as when she saw me she found it at the top right of my belly, not far under my right breast, but when we have used the doppler we can only hear the hearrbeat directly below my belly button, about 1.5 inches... do you think baby has moved head down? I sometimes feel what feels like little kicks on my right side so maybe it's a teeny bit diagnal, but at least if it's head's down that will avoid a c-sec... right??

Any thoughts on this wouls be greatfully recieved!

Thanks ladies! :wave:

Sounds like baby might have moved. I feel kicks on my right side and assumed he was diagonal but it turns out he's tucked round the right hand side of my bump, head down, feet and bum in rib cage!

Really really hope bubs has moved! Keep up with all the stuff to help position-it can't hurt if baby is head down and might help if she's not! x

*former student Midwife* .... Sounds good, if you are now finding heartbeat that low down :)

Hope all goes well for you!

Lxx

Thank you guys, makes me feel a bit more hopeful! :)

Are you sure you are getting the babys heartbeat? If you always find it in that one place it could be your own pulse as there is a large vein that runs alongside then below your belly button, Or more likely, It could be the placenta, apparently I was listening to the placenta for a week or two till my family nurse has a listen and said that it wasnt the heartbeat! Lol

I hear 1 noise that sounds like a faster heartbeat than my own that is quite clear, and another about the same speed as that but a more muffled sound.. Maybe that's the placenta? That one I hear higher up..

The placenta one sounds more like a whooshing beat, whereas the heartbeat is crisp and clear galloping horse type sound. Of course it depends on the doppler, some add static and stuff.

yeh that's what I figured (although I am no expert) Maybe he or she has turned then!

Oh well, just gotta wait til Tuesday to find out I suppose!! :whistle:

My LO has been head down for ages on my left hand side and is always kicking me on right side from under my breast to abit lower down. Sounds to me that bubba might have moved. Fingers crossed hun! x x

Oh and hb is below belly button slightly to the left prob about an inch and half :)x x

Hey! I saw her today and told her about using the doppler at home. She told me baby is still breach, and she put her monitor in the same place as she did before (high up on the right side) and then low down under my belly button.. and we could hear the heartbeat just as strong in both places!! :wall2: Guess it's a c-section for me then if my scan at the hospital on Thursday confirms presentation! :(

Oh no! Sorry hun, really did sound like baby had turned. That's weird that hb sounds the same in both places tho, can't find mine unless I'm in the right spot?? U never know, it might still happen, don't give up!! :) x x

I've only just seen this thread but my last baby was undetected breech and the mw's were confused cos hb could only b found low down (like if he was presenting head down). Hope everythin gets sorted for u xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back