How the hell can I tell if bubs is breech or head down ??

Naterjack

Reaction score
Help
Baby has been breech in all but one of my MW / consultants appt. I am only 4ft 11 so have a growth scan at 34 weeks and a final consultant appt at 36 weeks to decide if i will need a c-section

Now one part of me would like to know when my baby will be delivered, but deep down i would love a normal birth
So, HOW THE HELL do i tell which way up my bubs is ??

Today i have a cantelloupe melon sized hard round lump under my left rib / boob, when i push slightly it moves to the middle of my tummy (between ribs / boobs) but doesnt kick.....
Under my right hand rib / boob i have a smaller lump which boots me when i press on it (and feels really strange so MUST be a foot or hand)

Every so often i get a pressure on my bladder feeling AND 3 days ago i started getting stabbing pains in my fanjita area

Do you think he could possible be ........ head down / engaging ???
I really hope so - any idea's ??
I just wish i could have a camera watching his every movement :lol:

LOL.. i know what you mean.. Ive given up trying to figure it out. Even the midwives get it wrong at times so no chance of me getting it right!

Claire x

Hi Honey can't really help you but I know what you're going through as my bubs only turned between 35/36wks and I never felt a thing when he did!!! I was having fortnightly scans for other reasons but kept getting royally fed up every time they said sorry still breech!

If you have a MW appt in between scans then sometimes they will feel your tummy and tell you what position they think bubs is in.

My hosp said they weren't worried about his position til 36wks and then they said they would try an ECV which is a procedure where they try and manually move him round. You can always ask your hosp whether they do that or not (as some hosps don't).

Hope your bubs moves soon for you (I got to the point where I was dreaming of having a sat nav installed down there :rotfl: )

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sarah xxx

hhmm, wonder if i could invent something and make myself a mint - never to have to work again ??? :roll:

nori said:
LOL.. i know what you mean.. Ive given up trying to figure it out. Even the midwives get it wrong at times so no chance of me getting it right!

Claire x

Yup, consultant and two midwifes got mine wrong... C-section here I came!!

I am hoping to go for a vbac next time, so all is not lost if bubs is breech hun!!

I have no idea either but going off what you described, you could be me lol and my LO is head down! I get a hard big lump that doesnt kick under my right rib and a lump that kicks under my left! She has her butt up by my right rib and likes to knee and kick my left side! I get the stabbing pains but have had them forever lol and I have lots of movement very low down which is her hands and arms!
But I only know which way she is by the MW and scan telling me so! lol I would have no idea otherwise :lol:

oohh theres hope yet then - i dont feel as bruised as a few weeks back when MW said he was breech so you never know :cheer:

lea m said:
II get a hard big lump that doesnt kick under my right rib and a lump that kicks under my left! She has her butt up by my right rib and likes to knee and kick my left side! I get the stabbing pains but have had them forever lol and I have lots of movement very low down which is her hands and arms!

My bubs is in exactly the same position!! I get all the action on my left hand side! :lol: Although do get some pushes from the bum!!

Have a look at the 'spinning babies' website- you can use it to try to work out babys position. It asks you to imagine your bump split into 4 quarters then asks which quarter you feel the most kicks, where is there a hard lump etc. Not sure how accurate it is but it did tell me the same position as the midwife. Hope this helps x

Im away behind you but my baby has been head down since my 20 week scan!

I feel most movement very low down - and feels like big bubbles popping (which apparently is his hands), but more defined than when you first feel movement - I also get a lot of shooting pains down my foo....like he is headbutting my cervix, which hurts like hell! I also get a lot of pressure on my bladder and when standing for too long there is a really horrid feeling of pressure down there which makes me need to pee - its one of those hard to describe feelings!!

I do get some kicks higher up, but not as much movement as I get lower down!

Sorry I cant be more help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back