baby's heartbeat racing!!

honeyloops

Reaction score
I have a doppler and tend to check the baby's heartrate every week. It's usually 154bpm.

I know it varies depending on activeness of yourself and the baby but the other evening when I wanted a listen, it was racing! I found it hard to count!! Eventually I counted 172bpm!

I hummed a tune and rubbed my belly and it slowed right back down again! Do you think baby could have been stressed out?!

no I think it is just normal, only from when i have had to have trace's done to check on baby with no movement, their heartrate goes up and down and thats what they are looking for when you have it done, so reckon you probably just managed to pick up a peak. check it again and see what it says, our hospital have advised us against getting a doppler as people rely on them too much they said, there could be a problem but your getting heartbeat so dont get checked out, or it can stress you out more if something doesn't seem right, i wanted one but hubby said not worth it, we would probably panic if something showed different

yeh i'm not too worried. If I had have been stressed out at the time then I would probably have been concerned. I liked the fact it calmed down when I hummed though. Probably a fluke!

I like to use my doppler to try & work out position of baby. Not sure if it helps at all but just something I cant help but do now! :)

I haven't got a clue but awww that was sweet you humming and rubbing your belly lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back