Can anyone explain SMEP to me in simple terms?

We did SMEP this cycle, so fingers crossed :) Good luck when you give it go hun. I do find all the sex very demanding too, was so glad to get a night off lol. We ended up bd'ing 4 nights in a row!! OH was getting abit cheesed off too!

At the end of the day though, its not just our baby, it'll be theirs aswell!! x x

We did SMEP for two months.

Then last month we thought we'd step it up a notch so did it every day

That was hard work!!!

I think we're going back to SMEP this month. Still a lot of sex for us though.

We bd'ed cd10,13,14,16 and 17. Had pos opks cd16 and 17. This was for the month I got my bfp, thought it might help some of u :hugs: xx

We did SMEP for two months.

Then last month we thought we'd step it up a notch so did it every day

That was hard work!!!

I think we're going back to SMEP this month. Still a lot of sex for us though.

It's been a lot for us too! Really hard work!! Contemplating whether or not to dtd as it's our extra one just to make sure after a day break?? :roll: x x

It's a lot of sex when you are doing it for a purpose (if that makes sense?)

I'd love to organically feel frisky when I Ov (I know some women do) but I don't.... So in that respect it is a bit like hard work....

However I make sure that we still have sex throughout the month so OH doesn't feel too used and abused :)

xxxxxxxxxxx

This thread has been making me laugh!!:rotfl: I've been thinking of trying SMEP, but firstly doesn't the length of your cycle determine when you start doing it and secondly, really don't get the gap day and final bd?? Any ideas?

Before ttc me and DH were bd-ing 2 -3 times a month on average, so I thought it would be really difficult trying to do it so much. Actually, I think it's been really good for our relationship and brought us closer. Even though it does feel like a bit of a chore at times and so un spontaneous, once we get started, we make the effort and get into it... Also been trying to do it at least once a week when I know I'm not ovulating as then it's just for us (although it has the added bonus of keeping sperm fresh too!) and a visit to Ann Summers in the New Year will be on the agenda...! :)

Good luck with all your SMEPing and Bd-ing girls ;) xx

I did a month where we BD every day until past ovulation. We were tired, sore and sick to death of it by the end of that cycle.

After that didn't tell DH when I was ovulating and just got on him :D Tried to make things a bit more interesting and generally had a much better time.

Ooo was wondering myself about smep plan, good thread however oh wont like being banned from my booty

Ooo was wondering myself about smep plan, good thread however oh wont like being banned from my booty

What now hun!

Where I come from OH going near your 'booty' wouldn't get you your BFP :rofl:

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Thanks Carnat - just re-reading it all... I suppose the only issue with SMEP would be if OH has low sperm count and then it might be too much... Will give it my best shot anyway... :) xxx

Thanks Carnat - just re-reading it all... I suppose the only issue with SMEP would be if OH has low sperm count and then it might be too much... Will give it my best shot anyway... :) xxx

It is a lot to ask I guess?

Especially for couples that don't have that much sex?

OH and I vary but it's probably a few times a week on average! He thinks all his Birthday's and Crimbo's have come at once LOL when it's OV week!

I am not sure how it works with low sperm count, I guess the technique can still be applied as the sperm is being produced?

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Well, don't know about DH's sperm count yet, but just wondering... We've never had loads of sex, so this is a turn up for the books for us! Probably a good thing for our relationship really :) I heard men only produce 80million sperm a day (only?!!) and every time they ejaculate it's 250 million...! People say different things about how much sex you should have. I guess all you can do is try and see what happens.... xx

Well, don't know about DH's sperm count yet, but just wondering... We've never had loads of sex, so this is a turn up for the books for us! Probably a good thing for our relationship really :) I heard men only produce 80million sperm a day (only?!!) and every time they ejaculate it's 250 million...! People say different things about how much sex you should have. I guess all you can do is try and see what happens.... xx

There is def less of OH's stuff now than there was 6 days ago LOL!

It will still do the job I am sure but we started too early this month. Damn that stupid Dr last Wednesday.

We got pregnant first time as OH had been away for two weeks so we had a lot of sex when he got back! I had only had one period since I came off the pill so we were NTNP!

2nd and 3rd time we calculated our dates and just had sex around that times (every other day maybe)

This is the first time we've been so hardcore about DTD...

We'll do it tonight I think and have a well deserved break for a few days (unless I am still getting + OPK's tomorrow!)

xxxxxxxxxxx

Yeah, you are really going for it lol! If you can manage it, I would try for the next 2 nights just to cover your bases completely, even if no +ive opk, but don't blame you for wanting a rest! That doc has a lot to answer for! Sending you bd-ing dust (if that exists lol!) xxx

Yeah, you are really going for it lol! If you can manage it, I would try for the next 2 nights just to cover your bases completely, even if no +ive opk, but don't blame you for wanting a rest! That doc has a lot to answer for! Sending you bd-ing dust (if that exists lol!) xxx

I just want to go home and go to bed (for sleep only LOL)

What we have to do when we're TTC hey? :)

xxxxxxxx

Ah poor you - well you're nearly there this cycle anyway, so hopefully all that bd-ing will pay off :) xxx

Ah poor you - well you're nearly there this cycle anyway, so hopefully all that bd-ing will pay off :) xxx

I know - also it's earnt me lots of brownie points with the OH ha ha!

xxxxxxxxxx

Hope you girls don't mind me joining in :).... I think I may try this SMEP this month... last month we BD'd 9 times around OV, pretty much every day! So, I think that's actually more than SEMP on an average cycle. DH managed it last time (just - it did start getting a bit tiring and like a chore towards the end though for both of us! Especially after long days at work). I think SMEP will actually give us a bit of a break this month ;-) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back