Can anyone explain SMEP to me in simple terms?

Hope you girls don't mind me joining in :).... I think I may try this SMEP this month... last month we BD'd 9 times around OV, pretty much every day! So, I think that's actually more than SEMP on an average cycle. DH managed it last time (just - it did start getting a bit tiring and like a chore towards the end though for both of us! Especially after long days at work). I think SMEP will actually give us a bit of a break this month ;-) xxx

Sounds like you should give it a try :) I'm still debating whether to do it or not... will see how it goes xx

I think this month we're just going to do it when we feel like it.

I've really gotten fed up with TTC this month. Doesn't help that my pregnant friend is moaning about how awful she feels and then if I remind her how lucky she is she goes ape shit and makes me feel even worse. :(

Guess what - I'm in agony every day. At least you've got a good fucking reason!!!!!

I think this month we're just going to do it when we feel like it.

I've really gotten fed up with TTC this month. Doesn't help that my pregnant friend is moaning about how awful she feels and then if I remind her how lucky she is she goes ape shit and makes me feel even worse. :(

Guess what - I'm in agony every day. At least you've got a good fucking reason!!!!!

Sorry you're feeling fed up honey - it can be very stressful and maybe there's a lot to be said for chilling out and letting nature take it's course... It'll probably happen when you least expect it! :hugs:xxx

ps - does your pg friend know you're ttc - bit insensitive if she does...!

Yeah she does. :(

She had trouble and MCs herself and now seems to enjoy acting superior to me. Like she's in a special club I can't join. :'(

How are you doing babes?

Thanks for being so sweet. Xx

Doesn't sound very friend-like :( - maybe you should tell her how it makes you feel? Oh, I'm not too bad - trying to stay hopeful but sometimes it just feels like it'll never happen. Sometimes I feel really positive and think this is my month and others I think I'll be one of those women who will ahve big difficulties conceiving... it's never straight forward is it? x

Yeah she does. :(

She had trouble and MCs herself and now seems to enjoy acting superior to me. Like she's in a special club I can't join. :'(

How are you doing babes?

Thanks for being so sweet. Xx

Your friend is being a bit of a cow - do you have any mutual friends that can maybe tell her to ease up a bit?

xxxxxxxxxx

I am not sure why I find it so difficult to get my head around SMEP.

As an example if I Ov on CD15 is this how SMEP would work?

CD8 - BD
CD10 - BD
CD12 - BD
CD14- BD
CD15- BD pos OPK
CD16- BD
CD17 – BD

CD19 – BD

I am still not sure if I will SMEP this cycle - probably not - but I am still interested?

xxxxxxxxxxx

Carnat, I found this after googling it for you, hope it explains it! lol

Be prepared for a month of serious loving!

The Plan

"Try" every other night starting Day 8
Buy 10 ovulation predictor kit sticks
Begin ovulation testing on Day 10
When test is positive, "try" that night, plus two additional nights in a row
Skip one night, then do one last "try"
Take a home pregnancy test 15 days after your ovulation test was positive, if your period has not begun
If your ovulation test never goes positive, continue "trying" every other night until Day 35, then do a pregnancy test if your period has not begun.
Statistics coming in from the bulletin board show that about 40% of post-miscarriage women will get pregnant on the first try if they are faithful to the plan, about double the number of the normal population who are not on the plan. This assumes, of course, that you waited for a normal cycle to begin after your loss, and did not begin trying before having a period after a miscarriage. Many women do not ovulate in that first cycle.

Liz xxx

Gawd I thought last month was tough LOL!

Think we're going back to basics this month BUT I will def give SMEP a try if no joy this cycle.

xxxxxxxxx

Think we'll give this a go next cycle along with everything else I have planned ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back